GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Pricing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel Clements
United States
Berea
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I saw that many retailers are expected to get it back in stock around Jan 24th. Will this help the price to go back down at all? Right now, it seems like the rarity has driven the price closer to $120. I don't mind paying that much for a great game, especially if it benefits the designer. But I don't fancy filling the pockets of a third party retailer who is just jacking the price up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve w
United States
milwaukee
wi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MSRP = $80

Many places will offer it for sale at less than that, you should continue practicing patience, this will be back in stock soon and more places will offer it for a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathaniel: While I appreciate people selling the game to those who want it, I would recommend holding out for subsequent reprints. We have reprints arriving in stores next week, then again a month later, then again in April. You're definitely going to be able to get it at MSRP or lower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Clements
United States
Berea
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response. I will practice some self control and wait. I am really looking forward to getting to play this game. It looks amazing and I think my gaming buddies will love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear!

I just had a family member ask me where they could find a copy and I was struggling to tell them they should spend over $100 on Amazon.

I'll happily spread the word a reprint is coming soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stranberg
msg tools
I preordered it from this Canadian store, shipped to USA for total of $71 USD.

http://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/scythe?variant=229077...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japheth Jones
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All that price gouging for local rarity in a global economy is crazy. It has been continually in stock at my flgs forever, at MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Dueck
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omegalazarus wrote:
All that price gouging for local rarity in a global economy is crazy. It has been continually in stock at my flgs forever, at MSRP.

Post his location so that people can go buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChelseaSquare wrote:
Omegalazarus wrote:

Post his location so that people can go buy it.

Is this also with all the nice little add on bits?
As in the lovely oil drums and metal ingots etc...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Zappala
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe at the end of December 2018 one can buy a copy off of a game-store shelf at MSRP. Don't hold your breath though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Dueck
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guardianz wrote:
Maybe at the end of December 2018 one can buy a copy off of a game-store shelf at MSRP. Don't hold your breath though.

Order it here right now and at a very attractive price http://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/scythe?variant=229077...

Jamey is not lying to you, it will be in stores next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Canada it will more likely be the first week of February, but it is coming very soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan G
msg tools
Id be interested in hearing when various places get them in stock.

Ive been patiently waiting, im on the list at my FLGS but they said they don't know when they will get them in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evan: May I ask which FLGS you frequent? If they're not on our retailer list, I'd like to add them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan G
msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/GameQore/

i was told they are expecting to get copies in, but apparently they aren't told dates? Im first on the list though, so im hoping in the next few weeks!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll tell them dates if they subscribe to our retailer newsletter, but they haven't done that. Otherwise they rely on dates from their distributors (who we keep informed, but distributors buy from a LOT of publishers).

Either way, it should be back in stores this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bergeron
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited my FLGS this past Saturday and was surprised to see they had 1 copy left so I had to pick it up (and the expansion too) for the retail price. I don't mind spending a bit more to help them out.

But to then get caught up in the excitement to chase down the metal coins on eBay and promo cards on Meeple Source is pricy way to backfill to a KS-like version. That's what I get for missing out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.