GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,553 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the reprint and overhaul of the base game at the end of last year. Is their any official confirmation that this expansion will get similar treatment?

I'm aware that technically the old/new are compatable. But would rather wait if I know a new version is on the horizon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Portal Games version of HMS Beagle will be available, when contract with ZMan Games expire.

Portal Games version will be very similiar to ZMAN edition which is based on Portal Games edition anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ignacy that is great news. Appreciate you replying so quickly

No rush I've only had the game a week but enjoying so much it's good to know the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
Portal Games version of HMS Beagle will be available, when contract with ZMan Games expire.

Portal Games version will be very similiar to ZMAN edition which is based on Portal Games edition anyway

Sounds like an Inception of publishing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grant
United States
Fairview
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

Will there be any meaningful changes in the 2nd edition (component upgrades, extra scenarios, etc.)?

Have Voyages now but if the 2nd edition will be better, I'll trade mine away and picked it back up later (like I did my copy of base Robinson Crusoe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
trzewik wrote:

Except Portal used better thicker and better card stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
trzewik wrote:

Mm, not really. I bought the new edition as upgrade and merged the copies to get the best of both worlds and thickness was the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
BoardTogether wrote:
trzewik wrote:

Mm, not really. I bought the new edition as upgrade and merged the copies to get the best of both worlds and thickness was the same.

No, talking about the player boards. .The original were cardstock, new ones are thick as tiles. Also the new discovery tokens have text too which is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the only difference that the player sheets are now boards, cardboard itself is not thicker in the new edition compared to ZMan. But I still use the original sheets due to having expansion characters and promo sheets there added in. At least until those get upgraded to cardboard as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
That is the only difference that the player sheets are now boards, cardboard itself is not thicker in the new edition compared to ZMan. But I still use the original sheets due to having expansion characters and promo sheets there added in. At least until those get upgraded to cardboard as well.

Why are you arguing about this, I own both version and there are numerous variances and differences. People asked so I am telling them..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Jenkins
United States
Ashtabula
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love this game! Thank you so much got it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lawrence gaydos
United States
midwest
flag msg tools
mbmb
When you do reprint it please consider keeping the book look. I love the new edition, however the box is much smaller and I love the insert and with the insert in the box it is pretty tight after all the cards are sleeved. I would have to keep them separate and the book would be so cool sitting on the shelf and when I brought it out.
Thanks for all you do. Amazing game!!!
Lawrence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, BIG fan of Robinson Crusoe; would much rather my money went directly to Portal Games.

Does anybody have any idea roughly when the Beagle contract will end with Z-Man games so that Portal can produce this expansion?

Is there any information to be found about whether we might get more playable expansions for RC? (I only ask because Voyage of the Beagle is noted as being 'volume one').

Many thanks for all your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have no inside info to back up my guess, but I'm thinking since Portal's RC was released about 4 yrs after the Zman version, VotB may follow a similar 4 yr deal. If so, we'll see it announced/released very late 2017 or early 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United Kingdom
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news/rumours on this. Am very tempted to get the z-man edition, unless I know a v2 is due real soon.

Edit: So I just saw an update from Ignacy himself during an AMA.
Quote:
As far as I remember we will have rights back to HMS Beagle in 2019. As for the next campaign, I hope to have it ready in 2018.

So no new edition until 2019 at the earliest, but at least we can expect a new campaign next year.

I might just get the z-man edition for now. I can always upgrade it in two years if I feel the need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Pinto
Portugal
Ermesinde
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.