Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I just got the game after trolling it for a year. I enjoy it but still find it a bit easy (solo) albeit amusing. I play two-handed.
I initiated a simple house rule that so far (tested three times) ups the ante without a lot big adjustments.

When you defeat the Villain, each player's victory point pile must contain a greater amount of victory points than the villain's victory point pile does (escaped pile).

For example, playing two hands, one player has 22 VP and the other 33. The villain victory points total 31. Therefore, even though I just defeated the boss/villain, I lose because of point totals.

This also feels kind of thematic to me as well, and I think its because the heroes cannot simply ignore escaping villains, which they would not do in their reality.

I will continue to play this house rule but I do admit that the last victory I had felt "automatic" at one point. I knew I had the power to defeat Magneto anytime but instead I drew the game waayyy out in order to increase the VP in one of the player piles.

Edited to add: Bystanders are worth 10 points against the heroes when they are in the villain VP pile (they get kidnapped). But they are still only worth a single point in a hero VP pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always had far more points in my pile than the escaped pile at the end of a game so I don't think this variation would alter the game at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Ah! That's really good to know.
I'm so new to this.
I think I tinker with every game I have. I find that fun, but this is helpful insight for me.
I'll keep scanning the forums for fun ideas.
Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGorman
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hey buddy,

look up advanced solo variant rules for Marvel Legendary, thats where it can get nice and tough. You play it one handed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S.
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the Golden Solo rules. Playing one handed, turn two villians over each turn and one hero. Heroes that get pushed out of the HQ get KO'd. Keeps the game moving quickly and makes it very challenging with certain schemes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think Golden Solo is the best way to go too. I REALLY like that it makes Rescuing Bystanders meaningful because otherwise that ability is fairly useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as a third vote for the Golden Solo rule set. Really makes solo play fun and challenging!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAISHLOMO WAINBERG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi there, little late i know but...

our house rule: to attack the master mind there must be X VP among the players (X is the number of players x5)
after defeating the master mind once - the number reset and need another X VP to attack him again

its thematically and more challenging
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.