Hide
13 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Shouldn't used copies of this game flood the market soon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Petersen
msg tools
At least the expansions, as I know you need base set to play other expansions. But as a one and done game I would think you would be able to find the expansions pretty cheap online at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you sold off every DVD you've ever purchased?

Do you have any read books in your house?

How long do pictures stay up on your walls?

What is the game in your collection that has the most 'shelf' time since the last time it hit the table? How long was that shelf time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
actually people paying more than the original price
since the expansions are nearly sold out everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
having played every expansion so far, ... (SPOILERS ahead)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
there are items (cubes) that carry over from one expansion to the next. So far, no real use for them has been established AFAIK. And of course, you could photocopy that one card and sell the expansion on. Or you may stick to your card and keep the expansion rather than sell it on. So far, people for the most part seem to be sticking to their stuff, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentioned in:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21186239#21186239
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24615728#24615728

I've looked, and found some expansions used, but the problem is the S&H. By the time I pay S&H from a gamer that wants to sell a used copy, it's abotu $2 cheaper than buying it new-- so why bother? Also, I think some people may like the experience enough to hold on to it to lend to friends later-- seeing as they'd get next to nothing for it to mitigate the aforementioned S&H charge that they'd pay (vs. the cheap S&H that bulk sellers have negotiated to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure in 5 years I aint gonna remember jack about this game. So, it will be newish to me and I can play it again with different group and have just as much fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Petersen
msg tools
Good point about shipping cost. I am coming from video gaming world where short story driven games get sold quickly and cheaply still getting used to understanding how vastly different the board gaming world is. Not filled with nearly as many assholes I find lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I personally am one of the 'libraries' for my community. There are games I have that I won't play much, but others periodically enjoy them.

TS falls firmly in this group. I'll play my one time, and then it will have to be dead to me for a decade because I have a long memory about such things.

SH:CD did that - I played through it a long time ago and I kept it, because I want to play it again after I've forgotten most of the details. I tried one of those cases recently -- I had vague memories, but the details had indeed been masked by time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I'll play my one time, and then it will have to be dead to me for a decade because I have a long memory about such things.

Good lord. I have trouble remembering what we find under each location even after visiting it twice earlier in the game. "oh, right, right, THAT's where we get X".

Doesn't bode well for my future. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the contrary - it lets you experience the game "as new" sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, eventually. I have each expansion to date, and would have more if they kept up with publishing. I hope for more, but eventually it's going to go as a package deal in some sort of way. While it's available for my gaming group, that's not going to be the sticking point.

I think sadly the Expedition: Endurance delay is a huge deal. When we finished the game, and decided to get Marcy Case it was "Ok, when can we get a hold of it? Great, when can we play it?". Now it's "When can we get a hold of it? Is it a solid date? Let's wait and see" and the attention wanders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been buying and selling the expansions and I know others have as well. It's probably best posting in the buy/sell/trade facebook group for your country.

Often a I want to buy posting will get results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually just borrowed the expansions. And I'm looking forward to simply watching another group fail, I mean play, Asylum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.