flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Edit: Information for our Alaskan cruise next year has been updated here:
BGG@SEA'18 (Alaska) Now Available

2nd Edit: BGG@SEA 2018 opening up a 2nd week! Stay tuned for more information!

Edit: BGG@SEA 2018 is completely sold out. Please fill out this form to be placed on a waiting list:
Alaska Waiting List

This is it - the most beautiful itinerary in the world! BGG@SEA is heading to Alaska on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas and we're now ready to start taking deposits. Don't worry, all funds are fully-refundable up to a certain point (see below).

Where and when are we going?
We leave from the port of Seattle on Friday, June 22, 2018:

Day Date Port Location Arrival Departure

--- ---- ------------------------- -------- ---------
FRI 6/22 Seattle, Washington 4:00 PM
SAT 6/23 Cruising
SUN 6/24 Juneau, Alaska 12:00 PM 9:00 PM
SUN 6/24 Alaska Inside Passage
MON 6/25 Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 8:30 PM
TUE 6/26 Tracy Arm Fjords & Glacier 7:00 AM 12:00 PM
WED 6/27 Cruising
THU 6/28 Victoria, British Columbia 9:00 AM 6:00 PM
FRI 6/29 Seattle, Washington 6:00 AM

How much will it cost?
We've negotiated group pricing for a variety of cabin types. Keep in mind that the prices below are 100% inclusive of all taxes, port fees and gratuities. We've also built in a modest fee to cover our expenses in putting this on and getting a decent selection of the game library on-board the ship.

Stateroom Category Total for 5 Total for 6 Total for 7 Total for 8 Quantity
Family Ocean View (FO) $7,000 $8,000 0
Royal Family Suite (FS) $14,000 $15,200 $16,500 $17,800 0

Stateroom Category Total Solo Total for 2 Total for 3 Total for 4 Quantity**
Interior (K/N) $2,700 $3,100 $4,000 $4,800 0 (0)
Ocean View (H/I) $3,500 $3,900 $4,900 $5,800 0 (0)
Balcony (E1/E3) $4,500 $4,900 $6,000 $7,100 0 (0)
Junior Suite (JS) $6,400 $6,800 $8,100 $9,300 0 (0)
Grand Suite (GS) $8,200 $8,700 $9,900 $11,200 0 (0)
** Quantity shows how many cabins we have left unclaimed in our block. The number in parenthesis is how many are available for triple/quad occupancy.

Right now we are only asking for a $500 deposit for each single/double occupancy stateroom and $1,000 deposit for triple/quad occupancy. We need to get as many deposits as possible as early as possible so we can keep the right amount of space reserved for us. You are also encouraged to put in your deposit early as stateroom selection will be done in that order. You're certainly welcome to make full payment now as well if you'd like, and it is fully refundable (based on the schedule below). Full payment will be due no later than Tuesday, April 10th, 2018.

We think this pricing is pretty competitive, but if you choose to make stateroom arrangements yourself you can still join our event for a fee of $250 per person ($175 children under 12). (see: Re: BGG@SEA'18: Alaska! SOLD OUT!!)

One thing to keep in mind, the first prices you see online generally don't include the following: (which are already built into our stateroom prices)
Taxes, Fees, Port Expenses: $191.61 per person
Pre-Paid Gratuities: $94.50 per person (or $115.50 for FS & GS)

Note that these badges are in very limited supply as well as we don't want to exceed the capacity of the gaming room.

Uh oh, I need a refund. How much will I get back?
Use the table below to determine how much you will receive based on when you request a refund.

Is today... Refund Amount
On or after Jun 12th, 2018 Sorry, no refund
On or after May 21st, 2018 50% of total price
On or after Apr 11th, 2018 100% of total price* less deposit
Before Apr 11th, 2018 100% of total price*
*less 2.5% processing fee if more than 60 days since payment

Ok, how do I get in on this?
Simply to go the Geek Store and buy the "Stateroom Deposit" item for the category you wish to reserve. At some point before April 10th, 2018 you will also need to purchase a "Remainder Single/Double/Triple/Quadruple Occupancy" item for that same category. Every reservation must be paid for by purchasing both a "Deposit" item and a "Remainder" item, the latter of which varies based on the number of occupants in the stateroom.

Again, please put in your deposits now as we have to give Royal Caribbean these deposits to reserve the space, and also because you will be able to select your actual stateroom in order of deposit received. And also because inventory is limited, especially in the suite categories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dupree
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG@SEA'18: Alaska! Now Available
CaptainQwyx wrote:

*less 2.5% processing fee if more than 60 days since payment[/c]

I assume that the deposit will be charged to our credit card immediately?

Is there any discount for kids at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stannius wrote:
CaptainQwyx wrote:

*less 2.5% processing fee if more than 60 days since payment[/c]

I assume that the deposit will be charged to our credit card immediately?

Is there any discount for kids at all?

Yes the deposit will hit your credit card as soon as you checkout.

Reduced pricing for 3rd and 4th guests is already built-in, and if you're making your own cabin arrangements, we do have a reduced rate for badges for kids under 12 ($175 vs. $250).

Unfortunately the way cruise pricing works from the cruise line is that it's all based on the number of people in the cabin - age does not factor into it at all. An infant costs the same as an adult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I looked earlier for the ship costs a balcony was about $1700 but I was looking at May. June 2017 a balcony is ~$2200 (with $300 in taxes /fees / tips and $250 for the game room that is $2750 so $2450 is a good price)

How hard / expensive is it to get a shuttle from the airport (I assume SEA) and the port?

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the chances that there will be another Alaska cruise available in 2019? We were already planning to take a cruise for our 20th anniversary in 2019 and that would be just the ticket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
We already live in Juneau Alaska and we are trying to figure out if there is a way of taking advantage of this...

Bottom line, if any gamers want to meet a local gamer while here, PM me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: if we book this through BGG, will our credit card still consider it "travel" for the purpose of providing various travel protections?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeddy lee wrote:
We already live in Juneau Alaska and we are trying to figure out if there is a way of taking advantage of this...

Ditto!

Major BG Geek here, and a resident of Juneau Alaska since 1979. Good friend and weekly gamer with Jeddy Lee.

I'd love to talk with other gamers (we have a small dedicated group here in the capital), and if you'd like a friendly tour of the area when you get here, let me know!

I'm not looking for work (I was a whitewater river guide here for over 10 years so I know the ins and outs of tourism in town), I'm just looking to be hospitable to other BG geeks who visit Juneau.

Juneauites love to host or entertain when we get family and visitors in our beautiful city.

Between Jack (jeddy lee) and I, we should be able to accommodate you guys while you're in town!

Also, check out the Trades list. We could probably do one of them in person (or I could even be flexible for paying it forward if you'd rather not lug a game with you from home).

Cheers-
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
N9IWP wrote:
How hard / expensive is it to get a shuttle from the airport (I assume SEA) and the port?

Brian

Yes, SEA. Assuming that Royal continues to use Pier 91 in 2018 then the short answer is many easy ways, none of them dirt cheap.

IMHO, unless you are traveling with nothing more than a backpack you can forget public transportation. It is great from the airport to downtown, but the "final mile" into the terminal borders on dangerous.

Reasonable methods:
Taxi
Uber or Lyft
Shuttle
Hire car
Cruise line bus

It's been a while since I've checked prices, so YMMV, but I'm going to guess for one-way a low of $25 and a high of $60.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul R
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was there last I paid $50 for a taxi from the airport to the pier (the Norwegian pier, but I assume it's very close). So the taxi fare itself would have been in the low $40 range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
Kasona wrote:
When I was there last I paid $50 for a taxi from the airport to the pier (the Norwegian pier, but I assume it's very close). So the taxi fare itself would have been in the low $40 range.

For what is it worth, the two piers are over two miles driving distance apart. It doesn't make any sense, but welcome to Seattle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Seidl
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the price include all food, entertainment, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulse530 wrote:
Does the price include all food, entertainment, etc?

Includes Main Dining room, buffet place and snack place food (there are extra cost places to eat)
Does not include alcohol/soda, excursions, and room service from 10pm-6AM (may not be exact times), gambling
Not sure about shows -- some are free and some may cost

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are a family of 5 (2 adults, three kids aged 8-13). Are there any options available to us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are thinking of bringing our son, who will be 14 by cruise time. What, if any, youth/teen gaming options will there be? At the Dice Tower convention I went to there was a specific room for kids to game in and kid-friendly games and staff to teach. I have never been to a BGG convention let alone a gaming cruise so I am not at all sure if there will be other kids, kid-friendly games, or organized play of any kind aimed at kids.

What can you tell me about kids gaming at this event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this exact itinerary with Royal Caribbean in the summer of 2010, and I highly suggest people take the mountain train ride excursion in Skagway and wake up early to get on deck to look at the Tracy Arm fjords. Two of the most breathtaking sights of my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootstrap wrote:
N9IWP wrote:

Brian

Yes, SEA. Assuming that Royal continues to use Pier 91 in 2018 then the short answer is many easy ways, none of them dirt cheap.

IMHO, unless you are traveling with nothing more than a backpack you can forget public transportation. It is great from the airport to downtown, but the "final mile" into the terminal borders on dangerous.

Reasonable methods:
Taxi
Uber or Lyft
Shuttle
Hire car
Cruise line bus

It's been a while since I've checked prices, so YMMV, but I'm going to guess for one-way a low of $25 and a high of $60.

I wish I knew off the top of my head, but there is a hotel that likes to cater to the cruise lines and if you stay the night there you can leave your vehicle there and they will shuttle you to the pier.... I'll try and google it.

Edit: http://m.suttonsuites.com/?gclid=CKiWr4HMyNECFYGAfgodE58Efw&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we cruise we get two cabins, one for us and one for the kids (the pricing is actually not that different from 4 people in one cabin), and make sure to get ones with an adjoining door between them. Do you have adjoining cabins like this in your block, or would we need to book them through the cruise line to make sure that we got them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
niledesign wrote:
What are the chances that there will be another Alaska cruise available in 2019? We were already planning to take a cruise for our 20th anniversary in 2019 and that would be just the ticket.

We will certainly be doing a cruise in 2019, but it's unlikely we would go to Alaska two years in a row. Right now we're thinking about something up in the northeast or maybe back to the Caribbean with Cuba as one of the ports. But nothing is definite yet so everything is on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunyazad wrote:
Question: if we book this through BGG, will our credit card still consider it "travel" for the purpose of providing various travel protections?

Currently it's coded as regular merchandise, but I'm looking into whether our store system / card processor would allow re-coding it as travel.

Travel protection will also be available for purchase directly from Royal Caribbean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kzinti wrote:
jeddy lee wrote:

Ditto!

Major BG Geek here, and a resident of Juneau Alaska since 1979. Good friend and weekly gamer with Jeddy Lee.

I'd love to talk with other gamers (we have a small dedicated group here in the capital), and if you'd like a friendly tour of the area when you get here, let me know!

I'm not looking for work (I was a whitewater river guide here for over 10 years so I know the ins and outs of tourism in town), I'm just looking to be hospitable to other BG geeks who visit Juneau.

Juneauites love to host or entertain when we get family and visitors in our beautiful city.

Between Jack (jeddy lee) and I, we should be able to accommodate you guys while you're in town!

Also, check out the Trades list. We could probably do one of them in person (or I could even be flexible for paying it forward if you'd rather not lug a game with you from home).

Cheers-
Mike

That's awesome! It would be great to meet up with some local gamers!

Last time Kristine and I were in Juneau we hiked up the backside of Mount Roberts on our own and then rode the tram down - very beautiful! And if I remember right the one-way ride back down was way cheaper than the roundtrip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agent easy wrote:
We are a family of 5 (2 adults, three kids aged 8-13). Are there any options available to us?

I don't have my actual inventory yet (i.e. which cabin numbers), just totals, but I usually have some double occupancy rooms adjacent to some triple/quad occupancy rooms. I've seen other families of your size do that - book one of each next to each other.

I don't have any Family Staterooms currently in my inventory, but I can see what pricing would be on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
niledesign wrote:
We are thinking of bringing our son, who will be 14 by cruise time. What, if any, youth/teen gaming options will there be? At the Dice Tower convention I went to there was a specific room for kids to game in and kid-friendly games and staff to teach. I have never been to a BGG convention let alone a gaming cruise so I am not at all sure if there will be other kids, kid-friendly games, or organized play of any kind aimed at kids.

What can you tell me about kids gaming at this event?

We are planning on bringing our teenage boys with us, and I imagine there will be a handful of other youth since this one hits the summertime. We've had kids with us on each cruise so far. They are generally very well behaved and play games right along with the rest of us.

We won't have a separate games room or staff, but there are lots of those kinds of things provided by the cruise ship itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwarner34 wrote:
When we cruise we get two cabins, one for us and one for the kids (the pricing is actually not that different from 4 people in one cabin), and make sure to get ones with an adjoining door between them. Do you have adjoining cabins like this in your block, or would we need to book them through the cruise line to make sure that we got them?

I don't have my room list yet - I should get it soon. But I usually do have some adjoining, or at least adjacent, or sometimes the balconies connect with each other. This early in the process it should be fairly easy to switch my inventory around to make sure I get such a combination if you put down deposits now. The cruise isn't even open to the public yet so I imagine I can swap cabins around to accommodate you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McNitt
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be another thread for those looking for roommates (or is there one already)?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.