Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug D
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick Question. After we receive this game, should all of the cardboard items be punched out or should we wait until a specific item is needed to pop it from the frame? I am guessing that having all of these items separated at once and in a huge pile would be very confusing. Anyone planning to put these items in separate labeled bags or something?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm definitely going to have a stack of plastic containers/trays for all the tokens when I punch them out.

For the room tiles and monsters, I think I might just punch them out when they're needed for a scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to use Paul Grogan's idea of putting all the standees and gubbins of each monster into it's own sealed envelope and then opening them as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berard
United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
mbmbmbmbmb
You all are crazy! Sorting the bits is at least half the fun of playing a game. I, for one, am going to ditch the insert and throw everything into the box in a heap. Once I open a new character class: ditch that box and add it to the heap! The bigger the mess, the better!

:sarcasm filter on:

In all seriousness, I'll probably go with the envelope idea. I have a compulsion once I get a new game I have to punch all the bits. Leaving them in the frame would make me...uncomfortable.

*EDIT: Incorrect word usage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug D
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So do you think everything will fit back in the box if placed in envelopes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eraelan wrote:
In all seriousness, I'll probably go with the envelope idea. I have a compulsion once I get a new game I have to punch all the bits. Leaving them in the frame would make me...uncomfortable.

Yeah, normally I would want to punch everything out right away. But then again, I've never had a game with 18 punch boards to punch either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opticus wrote:

I honestly don't know or mind. I would quite happily keep them in a tupperware box rather than not have the box lid fit snuggly. I have done that with several of my larger games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the standees marked with names though? How will we know what to label the bag of monsters that looks like bats (or whatever)? Is the name referenced in the scenario set up . . . pull monster number code #12 Batwing Thresher ? etc

Dont want to sneak at future scenarios for monster names just to label them up properly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will obviously have to spoil it for myself to some extent (though my memory is pathetically short) but it will all be hidden info to my gaming buddies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sundown
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
Are the standees marked with names though? How will we know what to label the bag of monsters that looks like bats (or whatever)? Is the name referenced in the scenario set up . . . pull monster number code #12 Batwing Thresher ? etc

The name and picture of each monster is the center of the monster stat cards:

That's at least one way to identify the standees. But it's really hard without spoiling yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bergenstråle
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably go down the baggie-route unless everything stays well in place after opened, like "the gallerist" components do. I usually store games standing on their side as space is my nemesis and I really don't want to sort too many components everytime I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend punching everything when you get the game because most of it is in use fairly quickly in the campaign and you don't know ahead of time what you will need so stopping the game to punch out the new stuff you need will be more disruptive.

As far as organization goes. You could separate monster standees and the monster card but that will result in a TON of baggies. I think the best route is to keep the monster cards in alphabetical order with teh monster sleeves in their designated location in the box and then have either plastic bins (or baggies) to separate the standees.

I recommend storing the character standee in the miniature box with the miniature and if you KNOW you will only have one dedicated group then you can store each player's battle deck in their character box.

The most difficult part of organization is probably the game tiles. Everything else fits really nicely in the box but there is no good way currently to store the tiles in the current box setup. You'll have to be creative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
Opticus wrote:

I honestly don't know or mind. I would quite happily keep them in a tupperware box rather than not have the box lid fit snuggly. I have done that with several of my larger games.

Yes. Easily. The box. Is. MASSIVE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
P0isson wrote:

The most difficult part of organization is probably the game tiles. Everything else fits really nicely in the box but there is no good way currently to store the tiles in the current box setup. You'll have to be creative.

??? With how large this box supposedly is there's something that doesn't fit back into it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sundown
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No one doubts to get everything back into the box, but there's a big difference between using the insert that was especially designed for all the cards, the miniatures, the tokens, the character tuck boxes etc. and the huge amount of card board tiles (30 2-Sided Map Tiles, 155 2-Sided Overlay Tiles and 236 Monster Standees for example). If you would just throw them all into the game box like that, you would have to sort through all of them every single time you set up the game. That's why people try to come up with a better solution like envelopes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
as3bes4 wrote:
I usually store games standing on their side

I don't think that will be viable with this beast of a box. Depends on your shelf, but you might want to consider its ludicrous dimensions, first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
as3bes4 wrote:
I usually store games standing on their side

I don't think that will be viable with this beast of a box. Depends on your shelf, but you might want to consider its ludicrous dimensions, first.

If stored on it's side it might make a nice end table or nightstand. Throw a blanket over it and call it an ottoman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.