Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Launches Tomorrow and not much noise...I'm certain it will be funded, but for a CMON product launch, enthusiasm seems to be missing. Maybe Holiday Hangover or Kickstarter burn out...some very big Kickstarters in November/December this year.

I personally like the theme, although I don't think the feeling is as widespread. Shadows of Brimstone did very well and it's in the same Genre.

It will be interesting to see how this one progresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it does seem quiet.

My group tends to enjoy the co-ops these days. We used to be hard-core MTG players. I don't know what happened to our competitive edge. I'm hoping that this will give us a pleasant boost in the competitive game department - and it's still kinda co-op (well, for most of the players!).

Also, in the last couple of years, I've found myself pleasantly surprised by what CMON core boxes offer, so I'm going to give it a shot and back it right away, and then soak in the details as the campaign unfolds.

as an example, I didn't put much stake into Zombicide:BP, and backed it on a lark because I could at least solo it. That "lark" turned out to be the group's favourite game. Blood Rage, similar experience. So, CMON gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It is rather quiet, but I personally feel I do need to know a lot more before I jump into another dungeon crawl. I like the theme, but I wonder what the game does different, does it have enough mission,...

Cmon being late on all their kickstarters probably doesn't help. I can't help but feel this was pushed back so it at least was close to when people started to receive their copies of Arcadia Quest Inferno. There might be good reason for the delay behidn the scenes I don't know.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on it. And as most of cmon kickstarters, if it just gets a good amount of money quickly enough the tons of extra stuff will pull people over the line.

I think this is probably very close to The Others for a lot of folks. Which maybe was a more popular theme and a more trusted designer, which led to quite a bit of money that unlocked extras.
So I bet a lot will depend on how cool or out there the miniatures are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree with CMON's poor estimates. I backed AQI in 2015, was due June 2016 and is just now on the boat. Masmorra is also late (seems to have arrived at the Cdn distributor but not shipped yet, although I know may US people have gotten it), The Others was late (did not back it) and I think a couple others.

AQ:I's lateness had me go check my pledge to remind myself what I had got and was hit with how much money I threw at the game. I also checked Massive Darkness while I was in the pledge manager and between the two, that lowered my hype a lot. I went from a "super interested wanted to back" to "maybe back for $1 and keep an eye on it".

Oh and while this is not something that typically bothers me, them selling retail versions of Masmorra and I think The Others at GenCon 2016 soured me a bit. I would have been fine if Masmorra was ON TIME but it getting delayed 2 months...well...shrug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me, none of the delays in previous Kickstarters make me hesitate. It's just the one versus group that has me on the fence instead of jumping in straight away.
Yes, it will probably be late again, so I just set my watch to a different time dimension. Not unlike with many, many other companies' Kickstarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Montado
msg tools
I will back this, because I love minis.

I have shifted my expectations and interest over the years, I own more games than I can possibly play (between descent, imperial assault and mansions of madness, don't know WHEN I will get to play my newly arrived conan, the others, and am also getting mythic battles and rise of moloch....).

So for me, being realistic, it is the minis, thinking about painting them, then painting maybe 25% of them, dreaming about becoming a great painter, then painting them as bad as all the previous one. For me, its the stretch goals and the rush... and maybe I will get to play a couple times, who knows...

Also, is not like they actually lose their value over the years so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diegann wrote:
I will back this, because I love minis.

I have shifted my expectations and interest over the years, I own more games than I can possibly play (between descent, imperial assault and mansions of madness, don't know WHEN I will get to play my newly arrived conan, the others, and am also getting mythic battles and rise of moloch....).

So for me, being realistic, it is the minis, thinking about painting them, then painting maybe 25% of them, dreaming about becoming a great painter, then painting them as bad as all the previous one. For me, its the stretch goals and the rush... and maybe I will get to play a couple times, who knows...

Also, is not like they actually lose their value over the years so...

Games with quality miniatures always seem to be valuable in the long run...I purchased Dreadfleet on a whim for $30 just for the miniatures and components...probably be worth 5 times that much soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.