Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This has already been answered by the creators. Go and check it for yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Shu1984 wrote:

Not in these forums, I'm asking here for myself and others to find easily. I'm sure it's crossed peoples minds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
Simplify, prioritize,... enjoy! :-D
mbmbmbmbmb

Some snippets from the KS campaign...

The focus & ambiance of the game is full on “grimdark”: you’ll be too busy trying to survive to consider heroic, albeit reckless, actions… those are very likely to get you killed.

Solo play, with a single survivor or in a team of up to 4 survivors.

Branching narrative campaign, where your decisions will determine your progress, culminating in one of three possible endings.

Beware the day-night cycle. Survivors are better off during the day, while the zombies surge in strength at night time. The Hunter (the most dangerous zombie in the game) only comes out at night.

Wound realism: Localized wounds, wounded survivors get weaker and weaker. And the weaker they are, the more difficult it will be for them to accomplish actions (in combat or out of it). Also, your survivors will be able to do less actions the more wounded they are. Stress is also key, as survivors will be affected by events depending on their stress level, which can also impact on their attribute checks.

200+ events, distributed in different decks.

Quick set up.

If your survivor dies (and it will happen), you can still continue the campaign, using special rules to make a new survivor.

3 game segments:

City missions (2 different city maps) through a labyrinth of streets, alleys, surprise zones and locations, and then use the location tiles when you have to explore a certain location or due to the triggering of events and conditions (players will lay out tiles to represent that particular location. Each location has its own set of tiles, depending on its nature).

Travel encounters (when travelling from city to refuge and viceversa, In this phase survivors will have to face different situations, like zombie encounters, coming across abandoned structures (farms, etc.) and being assaulted by other survivor groups).

Refuge, that you have to manage, upgrade and defend! While in the refuge survivors can do a lot of stuff: recover from their wounds/infections, level up, stock supplies, farm food, upgrade the refuge’s defenses… The refuge, though, will be attacked regularly by either roamer’s packs or other survivor groups, who can also steal and sabotage your base. That is more likely to happen if you’re away for extended periods, so try to do your city supply runs as fast as possible…

Threat Counter: Consists of a counter that increases as a result of diverse things happening, like survivors making noise, environmental effects, zombies amassing, etc. The higher the Threat counter, the higher the risk the survivors are taking by staying in the city.

Artificial intelligence: Each turn, the zombies will perform actions according to different artificial intelligence so the survivors won't know what they'll do at each moment. Additionally, AI also determines which body part the attack.

Threat Encounters: At the end of each turn you will verify the conditions stated in a card. If you meet the conditions, you will suffer a Threat encounter. That might not happen very frequently but… beware when it does happen!

Survivors can use a lot of items that they will find in their city wanderings. However, all said items will either need consumables in order to function or will wear away with use…

Players will also encounter other survivors and animals during their travels, which, depending on the decisions previously taken and the success in the encounters, can join their group as allies. Allies can give a series of bonuses to the survivors, but will not remain with them forever: Allies have their own loyalty system, which depends on the actions taken by the players. The way you treat them will determine how they treat you! (if you sacrifice one to save your life, the other won't wait in line ).

Immersive narrative gameplay, with non combat events that will force you to take tough choices.

Feel free to have a look at the videos/read the rules to get a feel of the game. Here's hoping to have you on board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:

Thanks for the helpful link.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardTogether wrote:
Please elaborate thanks

I love Zombicide in its myriad forms. DNZ will not replace Zcide on my table.

However, while I have been drawn to other zombie-oriented games because of the theme, or in some cases because of an IP that I like, I have passed on them because Zcide hits most of my marks for action and relative ease of play. So I don't need another game that does much the same with a similar theme.

DNZ, on the other hand, does not look to be a light game. It offers a developing story, built in campaign play with branching outcomes based on choices made in game, and plenty of, pardon the expression, meat in the form of detailed rules that have lasting impacts on the long game.

In this sense, I anticipate that it will hit more of my RPG substitution marks over simple action in a game like Zcide.

Now for my geek who loves toys moment of admission... I feel that Dead of Winter could, potentially, have fulfilled similar requirements. It's silly I know, but what has time and again kept me from snagging DoW has been the abstract nature of the game board and turn progression. I enjoy skirmish-like mini-based exploration and combat. I like to wander around a map. In some ways DoW feels, to me, like a very well themed worker placement game.

It is therefore, my "Hope" that DNZ will offer a deeper level of long game than other offerings like Zcide, while still giving me some of the Dungeon Crawl that I crave in Co-Op board games.

Will it deliver?

I cannot say of course, not having played it, but that is why there is room in my library for another Co-Op zombie game, because it has the potential to fill a different, albeit related niche.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
QorDaq wrote:
BoardTogether wrote:
Please elaborate thanks

I love Zombicide in its myriad forms. DNZ will not replace Zcide on my table.

Zombicide is way to simple and boring for us, hoping for something with more depth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bicho wrote:

The focus & ambiance of the game is full on “grimdark”: you’ll be too busy trying to survive to consider heroic, albeit reckless, actions… those are very likely to get you killed.

Branching narrative campaign, where your decisions will determine your progress, culminating in one of three possible endings.

Beware the day-night cycle. Survivors are better off during the day, while the zombies surge in strength at night time. The Hunter (the most dangerous zombie in the game) only comes out at night.

Wound realism: Localized wounds, wounded survivors get weaker and weaker. And the weaker they are, the more difficult it will be for them to accomplish actions (in combat or out of it). Also, your survivors will be able to do less actions the more wounded they are. Stress is also key, as survivors will be affected by events depending on their stress level, which can also impact on their attribute checks.

Quick set up.

If your survivor dies (and it will happen), you can still continue the campaign, using special rules to make a new survivor.

3 game segments:

City missions (2 different city maps) through a labyrinth of streets, alleys, surprise zones and locations, and then use the location tiles when you have to explore a certain location or due to the triggering of events and conditions (players will lay out tiles to represent that particular location. Each location has its own set of tiles, depending on its nature).

Travel encounters (when travelling from city to refuge and viceversa, In this phase survivors will have to face different situations, like zombie encounters, coming across abandoned structures (farms, etc.) and being assaulted by other survivor groups).

Refuge, that you have to manage, upgrade and defend! While in the refuge survivors can do a lot of stuff: recover from their wounds/infections, level up, stock supplies, farm food, upgrade the refuge’s defenses… The refuge, though, will be attacked regularly by either roamer’s packs or other survivor groups, who can also steal and sabotage your base. That is more likely to happen if you’re away for extended periods, so try to do your city supply runs as fast as possible…

Threat Counter: Consists of a counter that increases as a result of diverse things happening, like survivors making noise, environmental effects, zombies amassing, etc. The higher the Threat counter, the higher the risk the survivors are taking by staying in the city.

Artificial intelligence: Each turn, the zombies will perform actions according to different artificial intelligence so the survivors won't know what they'll do at each moment. Additionally, AI also determines which body part the attack.

Threat Encounters: At the end of each turn you will verify the conditions stated in a card. If you meet the conditions, you will suffer a Threat encounter. That might not happen very frequently but… beware when it does happen!

Survivors can use a lot of items that they will find in their city wanderings. However, all said items will either need consumables in order to function or will wear away with use…

Players will also encounter other survivors and animals during their travels, which, depending on the decisions previously taken and the success in the encounters, can join their group as allies. Allies can give a series of bonuses to the survivors, but will not remain with them forever: Allies have their own loyalty system, which depends on the actions taken by the players. The way you treat them will determine how they treat you! (if you sacrifice one to save your life, the other won't wait in line ).

Immersive narrative gameplay, with non combat events that will force you to take tough choices.

Feel free to have a look at the videos/read the rules to get a feel of the game. Here's hoping to have you on board.

Wow!!! Impressive!!! Thumbs up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gndolfo .
Spain
Zamora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bicho wrote:

Quick set up.

3 game segments:

Thanks so much! I like Zombicide production but not so much it depth. Sounds like this one is that im looking for. Zombie game with real survivor experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
Backed thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Mateo Castro
Spain
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,
The truth is that I am very happy and proud that my compatriots have realized my dream of bringing together in a game the theme of zombies with the depth they have implemented.

While it is true that the zombie theme is very clear, it is no more true that we are a bit tired of seeing that the last games including the zombicide are kind of killer, at least as far as I am concerned, Less a game based on a dungeon crawler, much deeper and visually more "adult" and I think this game have succeeded.

When we play with "Survivors," they play directly on the map of the city on a determined scale, exploring and performing the different missions, but when they enter a building or location, the location tiles are played, playing a kind of tracker Of the dungeon to another scale, in this case of 32 mm.

They have developed several game modes, with the aim that the campaign mode is an open world, and they are still developing dynamics in order to continue this way ..

From the Spanish forums there has been talk, talk and much talk about this game and I think they have found the key to succeed. And although it is zombie themed have managed to differentiate much from the rest. If they fail, it will not be for the game is not good but because they are not doing everything possible to make themselves known outside of Spain and should start hanging and the videos in English so that other people from outside Spain can see the dynamics of the game And sign up for patronage and support them.

I think they deserve the success they can get in this project because of the work they have been doing for 2 years. I simply ask you for the support that I have already given in the KS to this project, since I think that it is necessary to reach the 400k to have a great game with all the extras unlocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V C
msg tools
mb
Anyone played Dawn of The Zeds 3rd edition? I'm considering both. As a solo gamer which is the more satisfying fit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo de Vega Lopez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn of The Zeds 3rd edition is a great game, really funny.
But They are different games, so you decide.

Dawn of The Zeds 3rd edition is more eurogame and can be played in one session.
DNZ is more tactical-rpg and campaing oriented (you´ll probably need several sessions).

I don't like eurogames as much as ameritrash, so i prefer DNZ.
But it's your decision...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not greatly versed in zombie games and I haven't actually played Day Night Z, but my impression of the game is that it is different in that you play through the story of your survivors deteriorating and dying.

The rules are such that it transfers more stress to you the player in an effort to add to the grim-dark. For example, when you search for items, you pick what item you want before determining if you find anything, which is a bit cruel actually.

The campaign seems to go for the walking dead feel, with combat taking ideas from left 4 dead and other video games. While nothing I've seen is thematically very original, the potential offered by such a combination is very appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
edu1969 wrote:
From the Spanish forums there has been talk, talk and much talk about this game and I think they have found the key to succeed. And although it is zombie themed have managed to differentiate much from the rest. If they fail, it will not be for the game is not good but because they are not doing everything possible to make themselves known outside of Spain and should start hanging and the videos in English so that other people from outside Spain can see the dynamics of the game And sign up for patronage and support them.

Keep it up! thumbsup

No reason that Spain can't be a source of good hobby games. Internationals should support good games from their countries, not only to encourage their hobby market, but -- hopefully -- to buy more games without ridiculous overseas shipping costs and custom fees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
It seems you borrowed the spawn rules from zombicide. Couldn't' something else have been invented?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.