Popular Tags: [View All]
Federico Abella
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading through the rulebook posted on the Kickstarter campaign, and I find the example Forced Trade does not match what previously explained in the rulebook:

Page 8 (Forced Trade Rules):You may make a Forced Trade if the following is true:
•  Free Trade (Step 1) was skipped or unsuccessful and;
•  The top card of your Life Stack matches the top card your
opponents Life Stack.
Then take the top card of each Life Stack and put facedown into the
opposing player’s Aspect Stack
. The Trade is considered successful.

Page 10 (Forced Trade Example):During Jane’s Turn, she decides she needs a Greater Aspect (II). Since Bill won’t Trade, she demands a Forced Trade with him.
Jane places a Greater Aspect (II) from her Hand on top of Bill’s Aspect Stack, and then takes the topmost Greater Aspect (II) card from Bill’s Life Stack to put into her own Aspect Stack.
If Bill did not have a Greater Aspect (II) in his Life Stack, Jane would immediately place the Greater Aspect (II) she wanted to Force Trade to Bill into her Aspect Stack.

There are two inconsistencies I see here:
First, that Jane is putting a card from her hand into Bill's Aspect Stack, when rules say cards go from the top of the Life Stack, and don't say anything else.
Second, that in case Bill doesn't have a Greater Aspect on top of his Life Stack, she puts her own Greater Aspect on her Aspect Stack. No only is this not mentioned in the rules, but if Bill had no Greater Aspect on top of his Life Stack, she wouldn't be able to Force Trade with him, as per rules on page 8.

Can someone please clarify how this would work?

Thanks!

(NB: Since we're at it, Seize examples from page 10 use the multiplayer variant, but don't mention doing so, which caused a bit of confusion for me. If it's not too late, maybe some of the developers could fix that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
Yeah, that example should be fixed (it's a leftover from an earlier iteration). I'll make sure it gets changed, the rule should function as it's written (i.e. Trading the top cards of your respective Life Stacks)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Abella
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.