Subject: Daze and Treasure Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
1. If you daze a character using a weapon during their attack they still get a payback reaction, correct? It's not until the "next" turn that they won't be able to roll for defense.

2. Say hero #1 grabs a treasure exploration token. On the next turn I could rest and give the treasure to another hero hiding in the starting area, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
1. If you daze a character using a weapon during their attack they still get a payback reaction, correct? It's not until the "next" turn that they won't be able to roll for defense.

2. Say hero #1 grabs a treasure exploration token. On the next turn I could rest and give the treasure to another hero hiding in the starting area, correct?

1.Daze has nothing to do with payback reactions. Dazed targets still attack and payback as normal. The only thing daze does is prevent rolling white defense dice.

2.Correct. You can freely move explorations and item upgrades freely around the guild when you rest, despite where they are on the map. You cannot transfer quest tokens though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'm sorry I misspoke. I meant do they get a defensive dice roll, not payback. My understanding is if you daze a monster/hero they DO get a defensive dice roll, just not on the next turn. Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
..and do monsters stay dazed forever once they are dazed, since they never rest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
I'm sorry I misspoke. I meant do they get a defensive dice roll, not payback. My understanding is if you daze a monster/hero they DO get a defensive dice roll, just not on the next turn. Am I correct?

Dazed targets do not get a defense roll; period. There is no delay until next turn.

page 27 of rulebook wrote:

DAZE
Some attacks are able to daze their target, leaving him open to future attacks. When a Character is dazed, lay its figure on its side to indicate his condition. A dazed Character is not allowed to roll any Defense dice against attacks. Other than that, he may act normally, moving and attacking as usual. When a dazed Hero Rests he recovers from the daze effect. Place his figure back up to indicate that.

And yes, monsters never recover from daze until they goto the spawn tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue is: when was the target dazed? If it gets dazed before rolling defense, then it won't roll defense. If it gets dazed as the result of being wounded (which is usually the case), then it already rolled defense, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Loophole Master wrote:
The issue is: when was the target dazed? If it gets dazed before rolling defense, then it won't roll defense. If it gets dazed as the result of being wounded (which is usually the case), then it already rolled defense, so...

Skullcracker: "If this deals a wound, the target is Dazed."

So if hero A hits hero B, hero B does not get to roll defense dice? Or does hero B get to roll defense dice and then if he receives a wound he is dazed?

Based on your answer you seem to be stating the later is correct. The defending hero gets to roll defense dice then he is dazed if he suffers a wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:

So if hero A hits hero B, hero B does not get to roll defense dice? Or does hero B get to roll defense dice and then if he receives a wound he is dazed?

Based on your answer you seem to be stating the later is correct. The defending hero gets to roll defense dice then he is dazed if he suffers a wound.

I think you are getting confused on the order of operations. The attacker and defender roll their respective dice simultaneously. Once all dice have been rolled, compare the number of hits scored by the attacker with the number of saves obtained by the target’s Defense (if he had any). Each save cancels one hit. If there are still any hits remaining, the target suffers a number of wounds equal to the number of exceeding hits.

Wounds(and effects from wounding) will only happen after both parties have rolled. As Thiago said, dazing usually from a wounding attack, but not always. Promo hero Chooloo comes to mind, he can daze before he attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Got it. Thanks.

So you can roll defense dice before being Dazed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
So you can roll defense dice before being Dazed.

If the trigger for Dazing is dealing a Wound, then yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.