Popular Tags: [View All]
Federico Abella
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose I sacrifice some Aspects of Power to Counter a card my opponent plays. All the Aspects of Power I sacrificed belong to my opponent.

Am I now susceptible to obliterate because I had cards destroyed (my sacrificed Aspects of Power)?

Would he be because the destroyed Aspects of Power were his? (Alternatively, would he be because his countered card was put into his Destroyed Stack?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
fede689 wrote:
Suppose I sacrifice some Aspects of Power to Counter a card my opponent plays. All the Aspects of Power I sacrificed belong to my opponent.

Am I now susceptible to obliterate because I had cards destroyed (my sacrificed Aspects of Power)?

Yes. The trigger for Obliterate is you as a player having a card destroyed (via any means), and at the time the Aspects were destroyed, you were the controlling player.

fede689 wrote:

Would he be because the destroyed Aspects of Power were his? (Alternatively, would he be because his countered card was put into his Destroyed Stack?)

Yes to the second part - your opponent would be susceptible to Obliterate because the card they were trying to play got Destroyed (via Sacrifice). Good question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Abella
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
Quick note on this - we're going to be changing the rule on Sacrifice triggering Obliterate (it will not anymore), because otherwise it's too easy for Green to get Obliterate triggers by forcing their opponent to Sacrifice to stop a Scheme from happening. Apologies for not catching this during playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.