Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions: Colony Fleet and battles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
(1) If a colony fleet enters a hazardous system containing a Fed ship and loses one of its ships to the hazard, does it immediately disband or can the 'safe' ship be incorporated into the fleet to preserve it? My understanding is that ships can move into and out of fleets at any moment they are not moving.
(2) At the end of a turn, Player A occupies Player B's controlled system but doesn't invade. On the next turn, Player B goes first, and builds ships in that system, and also moves a fleet to join the battle. Can the fleet enter the system or must it attack from an adjacent sector. I know that ships normally cannot enter a sector containing hostile ships, but is that rule suspended if the player already has ships there (and owns the system)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whardy wrote:
(1) If a colony fleet enters a hazardous system containing a Fed ship and loses one of its ships to the hazard, does it immediately disband or can the 'safe' ship be incorporated into the fleet to preserve it? My understanding is that ships can move into and out of fleets at any moment they are not moving.
(2) At the end of a turn, Player A occupies Player B's controlled system but doesn't invade. On the next turn, Player B goes first, and builds ships in that system, and also moves a fleet to join the battle. Can the fleet enter the system or must it attack from an adjacent sector. I know that ships normally cannot enter a sector containing hostile ships, but is that rule suspended if the player already has ships there (and owns the system)?

the way i understand it is.

1) no you cant add ships to the fleet until after movement is completed so the colony fleet moves in, looses one ship and disbands immediately (because rolling for the hazard is part of the move) then you could not add the ship to replace it since the fleet is disbanded.

2)you still have to attack from an adjacent sector however the point is moot because all sectors that are close enough may be part of the same attack, so the ships in the system can still roll dice and such. also after the battle is over if you win you can use your free impulse move to move into the now clear planet sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree on 1. The fleet disbands.

For 2, player B's fleet can enter the system because it is controlled by player B.

Page 11 wrote:
Enter Rival Territory
...you may not enter or pass through a sector you don't control that contains hostile rival ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
Agree on 1. The fleet disbands.

For 2, player B's fleet can enter the system because it is controlled by player B.

Page 11 wrote:
Enter Rival Territory
...you may not enter or pass through a sector you don't control that contains hostile rival ships.
ahh i missed that. still moot in function though, unless you want to add ships to a fleet hmmmmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Thanks. I missed p.11, too. Actually, it wasn't moot in the game because, if the fleet entered the system, the tactical move after victory would take it to another battle (but not if it had to start from the adjacent sector). It's moot now though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.