M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

A lovely summer edition of games night.

The fun usually starts at 6:30 at Broadways on Prince of Wales and Fisher.

There is usually a card table (tichu Mu etc.), Euro Table (PR, Settlers) and a Quick game table (Transamerica, Sabatouer).

There might also be a Tide of Iron Appearance!

Bring a game, a friend or both!

goo
MrZoz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have made us a guild. Anyone who attends either or both Ottawa Tuesday gaming groups, please join:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/199

It costs 1 GG to join. Most of us have at least that much, I hope.

The thing I like most is that it seems to create a browsable "collective game collection" - very useful for making requests of what games you want others to bring.

Oh, and I'll be there next Tuesday.

...damn; Sean, Kory, and Steve are all at 0 GG. And after spending 10 to create this guild I only have barely more than 1 GG to my name. Maybe if you post here someone with spare gold can tip you the guild entry fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, it looks like BGG decided to waive the geek gold fee - I was able to join the guild without any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J R
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about Bob, But I probably won't be bringing out TOI until the July 3rd session. Will probably bring Settlers, PR, and TTR Europe, plus anything else I can fit in the bag.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got in too without having to pay 1 GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Nice. I guess Aldie rescinded that somehere in that thread about guilds - I know I didn't read it all. It's over 300 posts!

Unexpected schedule conflicts arise - I won't be at Broadway's this Tuesday. See you all next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheridan Hortness
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I bring a friend with a chess board printed on his T-Shirt does he count as both a friend and a game? Heh Heh ... I kill me.

Anyways, I wanted to post to let That_Mark_Guy know that I joined the guild. Its nice to see that so many people are enjoying both groups. Mark Loebach and I were careful to stay on opposite Tuesdays so that such a thing would be possible. Having a healthy gaming community in Ottawa is good for all of us and I believe there is now about 5 regular groups that I know of in the city. Yeah for the hobby of gaming.

Hopefully I can get back into it soon. I just need this baby to start sleeping through the night so that I won't be exhausted all the time snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rat King 64 wrote:
If I bring a friend with a chess board printed on his T-Shirt does he count as both a friend and a game? Heh Heh ... I kill me.

And does he have the patience to lie still for 2 hours? Is he going to move just as you are about to make the game winning move. In that case is he a friend or foe?

I'll be there tonight, will bring the Dixie cards in case there is a low turnout and we only get 2 player games to the table.
Rat King 64 wrote:

Hopefully I can get back into it soon. I just need this baby to start sleeping through the night so that I won't be exhausted all the time snore

That sleeping through the night thing doesn't change too much as they just start the waking up early routine and not letting Daddy sleep in pretty soon after that so you still feel exhausted all the time. The naps during the day help when you can get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.