GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,308 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused on first scenario card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
mbmbmb
The first scenario card shows "-X. X is the number of Ghouls are the current location" (or something similar).

If I manage to get "-X" and there's a Ghoul at my location, what exactly am I subtracting? The other effects on the scenario also subtract something, but what the identity of that something isn't clear.

Help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a ghoul at your location, you subtract 1 from your skill level on the investigator card for whatever skill you are trying to test. Two ghouls = minus 2, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
If there is a ghoul at your location, you subtract 1 from your skill level on the investigator card for whatever skill you are trying to test. Two ghouls = minus 2, etc.

Example:
You choose the fight action against a ghoul with a 3 fight value. Your modified fight value is 4. You pull a skull which subtracts X per ghoul. There is 1 ghoul, so 4 - 1 is 3. You succeed and apply the appropriate amount of damage (which is 1, unless otherwise stated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

What happens if I draw that token during an Investigation skill test? I'm guessing nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would still be -X if the condition is met. If there are ghouls present, and you draw a skull, you still apply it to every skill check no matter what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

What happens if I draw that token during an Investigation skill test? I'm guessing nothing.

Kind of depends if there's a ghoul at your location when you perform the investigation skill test. If not, then it would be +0. If there's 1 ghoul, it would be -1. If there's 2 ghouls it would be -2. The type of test is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
I'm good now. Thanks for the fast responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:

When ever you draw that Skull symbol token from the bag because of searching, fighting, evading, etc.

And if there is 1 Ghoul there in your location, you get -1 from drawing Skull token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.