GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,929 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Dan's Scenerio challenge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Facebook group Solitaire Wargames

Dan Verssen
January 14 at 6:08pm
A random thought...
Someone would create and post a custom mission for Warfighter WWII. It would detail the Mission card, Objective card, RPs, and any special rules. People would then play and post their results. A little historical backstory for the mission would also be fun.
Thoughts?

Dan Verssen also posted:
I'll take a whack at it.. Here's a mission. I look forward to seeing the results!...

STALINGRAD SUPPLY RUN

You command a squad of Russian soldiers during the Battle For Stalingrad. Russian forces hold the vital Volgograd Tractor Plant, but they are running low on supplies. Your have been tasked with taking them much needed food and ammo in the middle of a snow storm so they may continue to fight for the Motherland!

Needed: Core Game and Expansion 9
Mission: Enemy Territory
Objective: Vital Factory
Enemy: German Elite

Special rules...
- Use only the following Location cards. Shuffle at the start of the Mission: Defensive Line, Cross Roads, Rubble, Snow Tunnels, Warehouse, Shelter, Bridge, Heavy Rubble
- Due to the snowstorm, roll twice each turn when rolling for Environment.
- All Soldiers suffer -2 Loadout and -1 Move due to the supplies they are carrying.
- You get 5 extra Resource points.
- You get 3 extra Turns to complete the Mission.
- Victory: To win, you must Eliminate Hostiles and have at least 4 Soldiers enter the Vital Factory card before your Mission Time runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea! From the suggestions already given I have a new custom campaign that I never would have thought to do otherwise. This is shaping up to be a great community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YK Cheung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Great idea! Should be a great scenario. I'll try it soon.

However, as far as I know, when General Winter visited Stalingrad on 1942, German was engulfed in Stalingrad pocket and ceased all offensive action.
Fierce firefight occurred in tractor factory during Oct to Nov 42.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tupolev, Jitters & Panic
- Web gear (+4 LO, 2 Hardy, Bayonet & Canteen)
- M1891/30 Rifle & 2x F1 Grenades
Vatutin, Jitters & Panic
- Web gear (+4 LO, 2 Hardy, Bayonet & Canteen)
- M1891/30 Rifle, Binoculars & Breaching Charge
Petrov, Green
Saburov, Panic
Chuikov, Panic
Lituyak, Panic
Warm weather gear.

While waiting, the comrades shared a couple of canteens, and as the breaching charge opens a way into the heavily defended Warehouse Tupolev yells “Cover Me!” and dives in. Saburov, Chuikov and Lituyak’s fire suppress 6 German riflemen allowing Tuplev to pitch a grenade into each MG nest. Petrov follows in flaming the crew of one MG42 that Vatutin grabs and turns on the survivors of the other MG team. Tupolev, Sabrov and Petrov kill 3 riflemen, with Tupolev scrounging a canteen and two grenades. As a Tiger Tank drives past, one of the Riflemen recovers (and the timer moves to 13) before he and his fellows are killed and a quick search turns up 2 canteens, a breaching charge and another grenade, while searching a lone hostile soldier enters the warehouse and has his aim spoiled by Tuploev emptying his rifle at the lone soldier (and timer advances to 12).

Viewed through binoculars Tupolev points out some useful Snow Tunnels under a small truck and a Kubelwagen and the Flankers about to attack – the section guns down the flankers and lone soldier and Tupolev yelling “Go! Go! Go!” the section storms into the Snow Tunnels destroying the kubelwagen and small truck with a grenade and small arms (and the timer advances to 11).

Following the snow tunnels another breaching charge allows Tupolev to trail blaze the way into the Shelter as Harassing forces enter the warehouse, stragglers are found in the Snow Tunnels and some troops are screening the reinforcing troops in the shelter. While Chuikov sprays the stragglers, a grenade “blast” kills all of the screening troops, allowing Vatutin to move out, deploy the MG42 and sprays the Reinforcing troops – killing them all. With the threat of the Harassing Force slowing them down (Timer advances to 10) and more stragglers entering the Snow Tunnels – Tupolev yells “Take Cove” saving Litvyak again (and the timer advances to 9).

The final German defenders stand in the way – an obsolete Panzer 1, a Pioneer with a flamethrower and a MG team, all protected by some screening troops and a minefield that some friendly locals had disarmed. Vatutin’s MG42 suppresses the screening troops, Litvyak reloads and then with prepared fire a lucky shot kills the crew of the PzI. Tupolev yelling “Go! Go! Go!” makes a “flanking attack” into melee with the Pioneer, but fails to take him down, so Petrov steps in – a burst of flame and the pioneers fuel tanks explode, with the flame on auto the MG nest is cleared and the vital supplies make it through to the factory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario: Legendary Sniper Team Elimination

After sorting through my expansions I noticed the legendary sniper team card and immediately thought a scenario must be made around it.

Initial thoughts:

Select Mission as normal.

Instead of objective card place either steep slope or ruins in the objective card location. Ruins seems like a good sniper spot and the high entrance cost of steep slope would add some difficulty. (in reality you could use any location card you want or select at random.)

The legendary sniper starts face up on the location card and the location card gets the inactive token.

Snipers will shoot when any soldier is in range. Will target highest RP if multiple possible targets exist. Players cannot shoot at the snipers until the location card is active and at least one soldier is in the location with the snipers. To shoot at the snipers there must always be one person in the location.

Do not spawn hostiles once the inactive token is activated. Every other location works as normal.

Good luck soldiers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing with a similar idea..

Scenario: Hunted!

In any Mission where the Objective is in Loc#4 or further

When you place the location in #3

Present in Location #1 - Legendary sniper team
additional Keyword = Maintain 1
special rule = Targets Highest RP in Range

Soldiers start with 2 RP more per location# >3.
(eg Obj#4 = +2RP, Obj#9 = +12RP)

You will Note that the soldiers in Location #2 will be in range when the Legendary Sniper Team is placed... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great minds think a like! Yours is definitely more evil! Muhaahaa!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muhaahaa!!! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Talone
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that's the spirit! I like all of these ideas but most of all my imagination is going wild with ideas of my own! Not ready for prime time for now shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.