GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,937 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
81 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: New Zealand Math Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi everyone.

I've been holding onto a few games - waiting for the next Math Trade to pop up. But it seems to have been a while.

So I figured I would start one myself.

Here's the link but items can no longer be added

This is my first time hosting one so please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips.

I will add updates to the header but I will also post them in this thread.
5 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me.

I think the secret is to steal the rules from one of the other successful Maths Trades
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to wait till later in the year, but I may jump in if things are appealing
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keen! Hopefully the OLWLG works this time. I've always found maths trades worthwhile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizzie j
New Zealand
flag msg tools
look into my eyes...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting patiently for one, so will be keen to join.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
See if you can figure out the math trade tool thingy. I think what we learned last time was: give the items proper codes, and something about a special character that broke it (maori macron or something)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Innocent Bystander wrote:
Sounds good to me.

I think the secret is to steal the rules from one of the other successful Maths Trades


Yep, that was going to be the plan.

vIQleS wrote:
See if you can figure out the math trade tool thingy. I think what we learned last time was: give the items proper codes, and something about a special character that broke it (maori macron or something)


Yeah, I'll favour the option that will provide certainty so I might stick with the simple option. Will have a look at the OLWLG option too though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keaton
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keen
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keen.

Although I would prefer to only accept games to the trade ranked in the top 2000 (or something along those lines)...

I found the last NZ BGG trade a little overwhelming considering they didn't apply this rule

But happy with whatever opportunity comes to shift some games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
slimo wrote:
Also keen.

Although I would prefer to only accept games to the trade ranked in the top 2000 (or something along those lines)...

I found the last NZ BGG trade a little overwhelming considering they didn't apply this rule

But happy with whatever opportunity comes to shift some games.


I agree.

I will gladly support another Math Trade which all games and other items are allowed but for now we'll return to the format Russell used.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
And it's up.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/220603/2017-new-zealand-m...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be allowing people to list cash or gift vouchers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
alexgrant wrote:
Will you be allowing people to list cash or gift vouchers?


Not in this Math Trade.

It was quite good in that they were allowed in the last Math Trade (and I took advantage of that) but my personal preference is for the trade to be for games only.

However I'm not saying I can't change my mind if enough people think otherwise.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LukeWarmLuke wrote:
alexgrant wrote:
Will you be allowing people to list cash or gift vouchers?


Not in this Math Trade.

It was quite good in that they were allowed in the last Math Trade (and I took advantage of that) but my personal preference is for the trade to be for games only.

However I'm not saying I can't change my mind if enough people think otherwise.


OK, thanks. I know it's a lot of work to run it, so feel free to do it any way you wish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Warmwater
New Zealand
flag msg tools
...and I've changed the rules already. See the header.

Basically I have decided that I shouldn't judge whether a game is worthy or not. Any game could potentially find a good home. But I'd like to give better games preferential treatment so I'll restrict the list to games in the top 2000 for the first week and a bit.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LukeWarmLuke wrote:
...and I've changed the rules already. See the header.

Basically I have decided that I shouldn't judge whether a game is worthy or not. Any game could potentially find a good home. But I'd like to give better games preferential treatment so I'll restrict the list to games in the top 2000 for the first week and a bit.


I like that - it's a good compromise.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, interesting to see this pop up. One less thing for me to do, I suppose! I was looking forward to doing the next one (as indicated in the last one) in winter, but feel free to roll with it! thumbsup

I can always arrange the next one in winter, anyway.

Are you planning to use OLWLG this time?

TradeMaximizer is sufficient, but OLWLG should be the way to go moving forward.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vIQleS wrote:
See if you can figure out the math trade tool thingy. I think what we learned last time was: give the items proper codes, and something about a special character that broke it (maori macron or something)


No, what we learned was not to submit want lists prior to the list being locked down. The issues we had were because a small portion of want lists were compiled, then an entry was deleted, then the list was locked down. That was explicitly explained in the rules, but what happened, happened.

We also may be able to blame Sir Āpiranga Ngata...

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22550635#22550635
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
obligatory keen post:


keen
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we add wishlist games here? Would love to see any of these games on the trade:
PitchCar
Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy
Navegador
Concordia
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
New Zealand
Whangarei
Northland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djn1981 wrote:
Can we add wishlist games here? Would love to see any of these games on the trade:
Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy


I'll consider adding Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy that I picked up in the last trade. I really liked it but my wife didn't and it hasn't been request otherwise.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djn1981 wrote:
Can we add wishlist games here? Would love to see any of these games on the trade:
PitchCar
Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy
Navegador
Concordia


I have Concordia - would consider adding it if something comes up that I am keen on...it is an awesome game but has been sitting on my shelf for a while..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember you can add but choose not to trade by submitting a blank want list.

So you may as well add to the trade because it might draw something out that you want.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
Remember you can add but choose not to trade by submitting a blank want list.

So you may as well add to the trade because it might draw something out that you want.

Of course, just don't want to waste everyone's time if I have no intention of trading it
But you're right, no harm in listing to potentially get other people listing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.