GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,482 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Millennium Blades» Forums » General

Subject: Venues Bad Idea? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the concept of Venues and think their really neat to play with but I donno bout you guys.. I can't friggen even remember their there! Anyone else have this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I've never gotten them on the table. I wouldn't say they're a bad idea at all though, they really fit into the spirit of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I wanted to use them but we were so focused on the card gaming bit we totally forgot they were there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Truth to be told I'm a little wary using either venues or characters. I think I just might prefer the more "clean" deckbuilding without all kinds of special effects and actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I love using characters haha so much fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venues are great after you've played the game 10 times or so and want to mix it up. They throw some cool curve balls. But they're not necessary. Characters, on the other hand, are always worth playing with. They give your game personality and structure. I stopped teaching the game without them as I think it's easy to just ignore them and do fine, but they're super helpful if you need to figure out something you're supposed to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Johnson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it because my friends love hamming up the Yu-Gi-Oh anime feeling. That being said Venues is probably the last variant I'd add and even then I only add one starting round 2 of a 3 round game. Still I'm sad we're not getting new venues in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.