XCOM: The Board Game – Evolution» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Final Mission - Suppresion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Sonne
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi guys.

So one of the new final missions is called suppresion.
Critical effect is adding additional exalt tokens.
Through 2 plays (easy and normal) with this final mission, we noticed in timed phase:
* Crisis level wa.
s average
* Ufo level was low
* Exalt level was extreme

The exalt tokens on timed phase was at a point where we hardly bothered removing them, because almost all of them were in play.

I'd imagine a strategy for this particular final on hard or expert, is to really pick 2-3 areas that you want not to be dangerous, for instance Orbit, 1 continent, Mission.

Anyone else thought about this ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
FYI actual differences available here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1336141

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are assets that may remove all the tokens from the board and it's very useful if you have a low crisis level, you can still address the one from the CDR asset card with a Skyranger.

The problem here is that the critical plan happens when base damage is taken on a red spot. You're closer to defeat by base destruction than by tokens themselves and the most critical to remove in this case is the one on the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Normally a strategy me and my friends use that seems to work is to ignore most exalt tokens on the board other than the ones in the country you mainly want to fight, and probably orbit/base defense. Beyond that, you can let Science fill up on them, especially since with some luck you can make it so that science doesn't need to research to get new techs with specific card combos.

Also, don't fret about 2 tokens in one space. It doesn't change the "danger" factor at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.