Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Trading? What's Leia Organa worth? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pratt David
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are people trading Rare for Rare, 1:1? Or Uncommons for Rares? Legendary for Legendary straight up? 1:1?

Would a trade of Phasma or Crime Lord be worth Leia? Worth any Red Hero character?

My wife just needs Red Hero for her deck. So many unusable Red cards.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.thechancecube.com/card-price-watch/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
prattsicle wrote:
Are people trading Rare for Rare, 1:1? Or Uncommons for Rares? Legendary for Legendary straight up? 1:1?

Would a trade of Phasma or Crime Lord be worth Leia? Worth any Red Hero character?

My wife just needs Red Hero for her deck. So many unusable Red cards.

Thanks.


She goes for about 5-6 bucks on the secondary market IIRC. I've got 2 extra if you are looking to trade send me a message.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinfield
msg tools
Where I am everyone seems to have pulled Leia's in bulk, so she is worth essentially nothing. We've been giving her away for free and people still have extras.

Anyway, yes, you'd generally want to trade within rarity levels. Obviously some cards are better than others, so that may impact their trade value. Still, trading a Legendary for a Rare is definitely crazy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vious
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AbyssalFury wrote:
Anyway, yes, you'd generally want to trade within rarity levels. Obviously some cards are better than others, so that may impact their trade value. Still, trading a Legendary for a Rare is definitely crazy.


I could see a few situations where it's not crazy. As an example, one of the bottom current tier legendary for the top tier rares is about equal on the second market. If I pulled 6 boxes, traded around to complete the legendary play set, and had still had 3 AT-ST or Launch Bay, I'd swap one for a second need if it was one of the more expensive rares. While those situations will be rare, it's enough to say the blanket statement is misleading. For the most part I expect most will stay within rarity during trade or want more than 1 for 1 to move across rarity unless it's top tier for bottom tier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vious wrote:
AbyssalFury wrote:
Anyway, yes, you'd generally want to trade within rarity levels. Obviously some cards are better than others, so that may impact their trade value. Still, trading a Legendary for a Rare is definitely crazy.


I could see a few situations where it's not crazy. As an example, one of the bottom current tier legendary for the top tier rares is about equal on the second market. If I pulled 6 boxes, traded around to complete the legendary play set, and had still had 3 AT-ST or Launch Bay, I'd swap one for a second need if it was one of the more expensive rares. While those situations will be rare, it's enough to say the blanket statement is misleading. For the most part I expect most will stay within rarity during trade or want more than 1 for 1 to move across rarity unless it's top tier for bottom tier.


I couldn't ever imagine trading a single legendary (even the cheap ones) for a single rare. The best and most fair thing is to look at the secondary market and see what the cards you have are worth if you were buying them for $$$, then look at the cards you want and try to find a comparable value.

The Chance Cube website has a really awesome list they update weekly that is great for this: http://www.thechancecube.com/card-price-watch/

So for example his Captain Phasma card and Crime Lord card would go for around $20 each give or take a dollar. Leia is going for $4 give or take a dollar. So trading just one of those legendaries I'd expect him to be able to get between 3-6 rares depending on what he wants.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vious
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
I couldn't ever imagine trading a single legendary (even the cheap ones) for a single rare. The best and most fair thing is to look at the secondary market and see what the cards you have are worth if you were buying them for $$$, then look at the cards you want and try to find a comparable value.

The Chance Cube website has a really awesome list they update weekly that is great for this: http://www.thechancecube.com/card-price-watch/

So for example his Captain Phasma card and Crime Lord card would go for around $20 each give or take a dollar. Leia is going for $4 give or take a dollar. So trading just one of those legendaries I'd expect him to be able to get between 3-6 rares depending on what he wants.


I think we're generally agreeing here. I was just pointing out comparing something like Launch Bay to Holdout Blaster on the secondary market would indicate that that's not an entirely unfair trade. As the meta starts to further develop, I could see there being more instances of legendary for rare not being absurd, or rare for uncommon. Do I think it'll be common place, no. But I think there will be certain cards and/or situations that make it not crazy or unimaginable for the value to be there for cross rarity one for one trades.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.