9 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: passing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
can i pass on my turn? if so, can i dispose of and draw a new card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards that specify a number of units to be ordered also allow you to order “0” units which means you just pass the turn, discard the card and draw another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
All cards that specify a number of units to be ordered also allow you to order “0” units which means you just pass the turn, discard the card and draw another one.

(1) Am I correct in assuming that those that do NOT specify a number can not be discarded?
(2) Also, what about just passing and HOLDING one's cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
Joeyeti wrote:

(1) Am I correct in assuming that those that do NOT specify a number can not be discarded?

You have to play an Order card, then choose to issue an order (or not - which is in effect passing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sasinski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:

1) All cards that tell you to order units, also gives you the number (or how to determine this number). There are some exceptions like airpower, artillery barrage, medics etc. but those can almost always be played with some positive effect.

2) No, you have to play a card. You do not always have the cards that you like. This is part of the game. Get over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Majfrost wrote:
26halo26 wrote:

1) All cards that tell you to order units, also gives you the number (or how to determine this number). There are some exceptions like airpower, artillery barrage, medics etc. but those can almost always be played with some positive effect.

2) No, you have to play a card. You do not always have the cards that you like. This is part of the game. Get over it.

Regarding (2). OK, for the record I was talking about a scenario in which I LIKE the cards that I have but I just don't want to use them yet (eg waiting for enemy to approach my secure position). I assume (hope?) that "get over it" is a joke. Just inquiring about the rules.....

Regarding (1) ---- doesn't a card which says "order three units" really mean "order form zero to three units" (i.e. can I play it and not move?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may "discard" any card without actually ordering any units, however "discard" is not really in the terminology. You play a card and order no units. Note you could also order a unit to do nothing. When doing so with a Tactics card, there is almost always something to do anyway.

You must play one card per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
Majfrost wrote:
26halo26 wrote:

Regarding (2). OK, for the record I was talking about a scenario in which I LIKE the cards that I have but I just don't want to use them yet (eg waiting for enemy to approach my secure position).

Then no, absolutely not. For one reason, the periodic reshuffling of discards back into deck is a means of recycling the cards. Holding ALL the good cards until you feel like playing them defeats that mechanism.

Each turn, you put one card from hand into discard pile. Normally, you follow the instructions on that card so far as you are able - anything you cannot do on the card just doesn't happen. Remember you can "order" a unit to not Move and not Attack if you are happy with your positioning in the area referenced by the carded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sasinski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:

I assume (hope?) that "get over it" is a joke. Just inquiring about the rules.....

Yes, it's a joke Do you question the rules when you have to roll a dice in Monopoly? You just have to, unless you apply some house rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.