Subject: Easy game for large group of people rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marit Fält
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Hello everyone, first time poster here!

Can anyone recommend a good easy game for 6+ players?

I don't mind spending some time to learn a game myself and have a small group of people I play those with.
However, in larger gatherings (usually with a few beers which can make games even harder to understand!) I am missing a good game.

The games I have are for 3-6 players and a bit too complicated.
Ticket to ride is about a "complicated" game I have been able to teach to my pals who aren't previously interested in games, but that's only for five players.

I am pretty sick of cards against humanity and the like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United Kingdom
Worcester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome

Sounds like what you're after might fall into the Party Game category - might be worth a browse through the games listed there. In the meantime, how about:

Codenames
The Resistance: Avalon
Tsuro (or Tsuro of the Seas)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liar's Dice? That isn't really a board game though. You could easily cobble one together with just a bucket of dice and plastic cups though.

I've had good luck with Tsuro and Camel Up, both of which play up to 8. They are more expensive though.

For card games, try Scum/Great Dalmuti or 6 nimmt both of which are easy. You can play Scum with regular cards too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance 5-10p (or the Avalon version as suggested above)
Clubs 2-6p card game
Bohnanza 2-7p (maybe) trading game
For Sale (though I've not played it)
Push It 2-4p but quick and you can switch who is playing each game (I've played it in the pub a lot like this recently). You could possibly play with up to 8 with 2 sets but I'm not sure how good that'd be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marit Fält
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Cheers!
I've been curious about Codenames and The Resistance: Avalon. Will definitely check them all out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition) is my go to recommendations. I once even taught this at a party to 14 people playing in teams of 2 with most of them hardly ever having played games.

Otherwise you have the whole group of traitor games. The Resistance, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Spyfall, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong

Time's Up! is one in the team vs team guessing things category that I tend to enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerstin tagged all of the ones I'd suggest, that just leaves me with Captain Sonar for 4 v 4 real-time fun.

A little more complicated than Ticket to Ride is 7 Wonders. It may be worth the effort though, it's a good (non-party) game that supports 7 (or 8 with the Cities expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Flowers
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides those already mentioned, Concept works well, especially for people that haven't played any modern board games. It is basically pictionary without drawing. Codenames is my go-to in that situation even more than Concept...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Sonar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marit Fält
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Is Secret Hitler easy enough to learn? Seems fun. I am in the UK, but would definitely would spend some time sorting out the pdf version if I thought people would enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marit Fält
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
I love 7 wonders! Was planning to get some expansions, so good to know that the Cities expansion allows for one more player. My one complaint is that I don't find the rules very well explained in the booklet. Watched a demonstration on youtube, not at all as confusing as the booklet made it out to be Am kind of still in the progress of teaching it to a few friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the flavour you want, Quartermaster General offers a good 3 v 3 WWII experience in 60-90 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
+1 for Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition) everyone loves pointing guns at each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brudz
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Any of the Apples to Apples style of games would work.

Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition)
6 nimmt!
Saboteur
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Two Rooms and a Boom
Codenames
Formula D
The Resistance
Libertalia (plays 6)
Parade (can play 6)
Coup (plays 6 can handle more if you add Coup: Reformation)
Cockroach Poker (plays 6 can handle 1-2 more)

Most of the above are card games. I can try to add some more board games if you like but most board games have high play time once you get past 5 or 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telestrations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Nikolaus
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go Party!. It's on the lighter side but it can handle up to 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They might enjoy Colt Express - you get to run around a 3d train trying to grab loot while punching and shooting each other using pre programmed movement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also BANG! The Dice Game goes down well with most.

Then, once you've got them a little more interested, you could maybe try citadels and then mission red planet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
+1 for Formula D (use simple rules, 1-lap) for an easy to pick up high player count game that isn't social deduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterium co-op. Plays 2-7. In my experience it's good at all player counts. I do some tweaking at lower player counts but you asked for a 6 player game so I won't go into it here. I'd leave out the clairvoyancy rules to simplify things. They are more of an optional variant. It's a co-op and I'd love to see what some slightly intoxicated players come up with.

Anyway, it's our most played game. Check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.