Subject: Could you play seven or eight with the promo characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would having the promo characters allow you to play with 7 or 8 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would technically have enough player components and I don't think there are any other physical limitations.

Initial thoughts...

-Downtime may be an issue
-End game conditions may be an issue
-Blocking out spots - without the rules in front of me I am guessing, but you may need to allow for 2 people to be in that last spot on the influence tracks
-Would the player powers remain balanced with more people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have heard of people playing this with 8 and it went just fine. There are no mechanical/component reasons why it doesn't work.

The downtime between turns would be the biggest turn-off. When you go first in a round, the next round you go last. That means there would be 14 player turns between your turns. That's a long time.

End game condition should be fine. The game will likely last fewer rounds due to all players trying to score those coveted 13 points for hitting the top. With 8 people all racing on 4 tracks they will be reached rather quickly compared to a 3 or 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wocken
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Freelance Game Graphic Designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the downtime would be a bit too long for my group. You could always rock two copies of the game and still tally all the scores together at the end of the game, since it's also a great spectator game. Plus, double the beheadings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Meyer

Minnesota
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The promo characters were not designed to expand the game beyond
6 players. However, having said that, a friend of mine played
with 8 people over the holidays (big family game).

He said that it worked fine and they all had a lot of fun. He did not change any of the rules. Three of the players had never played before.
The game did last 2.5 hours. That is the only 8 player game that
I personally know about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.