Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Final frenzy is triggered when the last skull is
removed from the killshot track. Everyone gets
one more turn, including the player who made
the killshot

Say player #4 in a 5-player game gets the final kill on his first action, triggering Final Frenzy.

1) Normally player #4 would get two actions on a regular turn - do they lose that second action because of the final round trigger?

2) Do they also lose the reload ability at the end of this turn?

3) Does player #4 take his final turn first, or last?

4) In this example, would player #4 get an extra action, or just player #5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player 4 finishes he turn normally, then you go into FF.

1. No
2. No
3. Last.
4. Just player 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
danaolson wrote:
Quote:
the killshot

Say player #4 in a 5-player game gets the final kill on his first action, triggering Final Frenzy.

Kills are not scored until the end of the turn.
Quote:
1) Normally player #4 would get two actions on a regular turn - do they lose that second action because of the final round trigger?

Irrelevant since final frenzy is not triggered until the end of the turn.

Quote:

Last. Turn order still applies

Quote:

Only player 5, as player 4's turn has ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjaninjaninja

danaolson wrote:
Quote:
the killshot

1) You resolve killshots/scoring at the end of your turn. Player four would complete their turn normally

2) As they complete their whole turn, they would get to reload.

3) Player #4 would take their final turn last.

4) Only player #5 gets an extra action, as they are the only player to take their final turn before the player who started the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers, everyone! We were scoring kills immediately when they happened, which we missed in the rulebook (I see it now!). I think one of the video reviews we watched had the scoring take place right away, so we maybe glossed over that part of the rulebook.

It's all clear now, thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading this trying to understand how final frenzy works. Im hoping someone can correct my mistakes!

So the first thing is that if there are players that STILL have damage markers on their boards when the last skull token is removed, they dont flip their player boards over, but everyone else does flip. Then EVERYONE turns their action tile over to show they can take frantic actions. Is this all right?

I got a little confused with the taking of turns. Hopefully this is right...

At the start of the game someone is given the start player token and the order is set for the game. So lets say player 3 triggers final frenzy. Now everyone gets one final turn following the same turn order except that...

Players 3, 4, and 5 only get to choose one action from the bottom portion of their tile, and players 1 and 2 can take 2 actions from the top.portion of the tile.

Is this how it works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
I was reading this trying to understand how final frenzy works. Im hoping someone can correct my mistakes!

So the first thing is that if there are players that STILL have damage markers on their boards when the last skull token is removed, they dont flip their player boards over, but everyone else does flip. Then EVERYONE turns their action tile over to show they can take frantic actions. Is this all right?

I got a little confused with the taking of turns. Hopefully this is right...

At the start of the game someone is given the start player token and the order is set for the game. So lets say player 3 triggers final frenzy. Now everyone gets one final turn following the same turn order except that...

Players 3, 4, and 5 only get to choose one action from the bottom portion of their tile, and players 1 and 2 can take 2 actions from the top.portion of the tile.

Is this how it works?

Almost all of what you have said is correct, apart from the Final Frenzy part, which should go like this:

If player 3 triggers final frenzy everyone gets one final turn following the same turn order except that...

Players 4 and 5 choose two actions from the top portion of the tile, then players 1, 2 and 3 only get to choose one action from the bottom portion of their tile.

This is to make up for the fact that players 4 and 5 will end the game having had one less turn than players 1, 2 and 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ill have to reread the manual but i thought it said if your turn came after the first player takes their final turn u get one action and the others get two.

When choosing the two actions can u do the same one twice? I dont think thats mentioned in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Ill have to reread the manual but i thought it said if your turn came after the first player takes their final turn u get one action and the others get two.

The Final Frenzy rules say: "if you take your final turn before the player who started the game, you have 2 actions."

shooshoo wrote:
When choosing the two actions can u do the same one twice? I dont think thats mentioned in the rules.

On page 4 it says: "actions can be taken in any order. You can choose the same one twice."

The same applies when you're taking two actions in the Final Frenzy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok ur right i didnt have the manual with me when i wrote it. I think its clear now. Ill try it out later today. Sounds like a fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Ok ur right i didnt have the manual with me when i wrote it. I think its clear now. Ill try it out later today. Sounds like a fun game!

It's such a good game! I've only ever played 4 and 5 player, and had a blast each time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive heard and read that some ppl got bored of it pretty quick as it felt the same each time. I wont know what to make of that till i play a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Barrios
msg tools
mbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Ive heard and read that some ppl got bored of it pretty quick as it felt the same each time. I wont know what to make of that till i play a few games.

What? I've played it about 6 times now and it doesn't feel the same because not only you get different weapons every game, you play with different people, it is a game that depends on the people you play with.

I haven't even tried the other game modes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pooploserbq wrote:
shooshoo wrote:

What? I've played it about 6 times now and it doesn't feel the same because not only you get different weapons every game, you play with different people, it is a game that depends on the people you play with.
I agree - I would play this almost every week at Games Group if the others would let me!!

pooploserbq wrote:
I haven't even tried the other game modes.
I'm currently on 9 plays and I haven't even found the need to play the other modes either!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyndal wrote:

Quote:

Where is it in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
Tyndal wrote:

Quote:

On page 10 it says:
Quote:
Final frenzy is triggered when the last skull is removed from the killshot track. Everyone gets one more turn, including the player who made the killshot.

On page 4 it says:
Quote:
Players take turns, beginning with the starting player, and continuing around the table clockwise.

There’s nothing to say that turn order is tampered with or changed, so turn order remains as it was. The purpose of Final Frenzy is to attempt to equal things out somewhat for the players who ended up having less turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
kackarschen wrote:
Tyndal wrote:

Quote:

On page 10 it says:
Quote:
Final frenzy is triggered when the last skull is removed from the killshot track. Everyone gets one more turn, including the player who made the killshot.

On page 4 it says:
Quote:
Players take turns, beginning with the starting player, and continuing around the table clockwise.

There’s nothing to say that turn order is tampered with or changed, so turn order remains as it was. The purpose of Final Frenzy is to attempt to equal things out somewhat for the players who ended up having less turns.

I don't get it at all.
Game with 5 players:

Player #4 makes last kill shot and ends his turn.

Final frenzy time begins...

If what you said applies,
Quote:
then round has to skip player #5 and begins final frenzy with player #1 and ends with player #5.

But I'm sure that's not true. Otherwise people wouldn't state that player #4 is going last.
So my question is still how the final frenzy round will be resolved.

A) Players turn order: #4, #5, #1, #2, #3
or
B) Players turn order: #5, #1, #2, #3, #4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
argentetbury wrote:
kackarschen wrote:
Tyndal wrote:

Quote:

On page 10 it says:
Quote:

On page 4 it says:
Quote:

I don't get it at all.
Game with 5 players:

Player #4 makes last kill shot and ends his turn.

Final frenzy time begins...

If what you said applies,
Quote:
then round has to skip player #5 and begins final frenzy with player #1 and ends with player #5.

But I'm sure that's not true. Otherwise people wouldn't state that player #4 is going last.
So my question is still how the final frenzy round will be resolved.

A) Players turn order: #4, #5, #1, #2, #3
or
B) Players turn order: #5, #1, #2, #3, #4

"B" is correct. In the Final Frenzy the players' turn order is: #5, #1, #2, #3, #4.

After player 4 has had their killshot turn, the Final Frenzy starts so player 5 goes next (as per turn order) and gets to choose two actions from the top selection as player 5 is having their final turn before the player who started the game (player 1),

Player 5 can do 2 of the following actions:
- Move up to 1 square, reload if they want, then shoot.
- Move up to 4 squares.
- Move up to 2 squares and grab something there.

"If you are the starting player, or if your final turn comes after the starting player's final turn, you have only 1 action"; so after player 5's Final Frenzy turn, player 1, then 2, then 3 and then 4 can do one of the actions below:
- Move up to 2 squares, reload if they want, and then shoot.
- Move up to 3 squares and grab something.

Then the game ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I wish they had it as clear in the rules like you wrote.

Quote:

After player 4 has had their killshot turn, the Final Frenzy starts so player 5 goes next

Because in the rules there is no "after", but a "when".

Quote:
the killshot.

Yeah you might guess it that after a skull is taking my turn ends and the next player's turn begins. But because Final Frenzy is some special round, it could have also been that I who triggered Final Frenzy could go first.
For me it is not obvious and they could have pointed it out better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
Thanks! I wish they had it as clear in the rules like you wrote.

Quote:

After player 4 has had their killshot turn, the Final Frenzy starts so player 5 goes next

Because in the rules there is no "after", but a "when".

Quote:
the killshot.

Yeah you might guess it that after a skull is taking my turn ends and the next player's turn begins. But because Final Frenzy is some special round, it could have also been that I who triggered Final Frenzy could go first.
For me it is not obvious and they could have pointed it out better.

Cheers Spieler! I have to admit for our first few games we had the rulebook out and discussed at some length what was meant to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.