Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen people post their inserts for base + mocha expansion, it Im curious if anyone has made one that also holds letters (so base + mocha + letters)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2018!
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:
I have seen people post their inserts for base + mocha expansion, it Im curious if anyone has made one that also holds letters (so base + mocha + letters)

Thanks!

YES! I have the base + both expansions in the original base box.

It's a basic, foam core insert that holds everything really well. I also put various pieces in condiment containers with lids to make set-up even quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip R
msg tools
If you're willing to fold the base game rules in half, the base game and two expansions will all fit in either of the expansion boxes. That said, it is a very tight fit, but the box will close completely. There probably isn't enough space for foam inserts though, you would have to chose a different thinner material.

I probably get too much satisfaction out of tetris-ing my board games.

Also, I assume you have seen the top image in the images section which is exactly what you're describing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:

It's a basic, foam core insert that holds everything really well. I also put various pieces in condiment containers with lids to make set-up even quicker.

I don't suppose you have photos you would be willing to share? Or some kick-butt plans?

I checked here but didn't see yours:
https://rpggeek.com/geeklist/115468/item/3341648#item3341648

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pipperoni wrote:
Also, I assume you have seen the top image in the images section which is exactly what you're describing.

Just saw it thanks! Yeah, that looks pretty good and very efficient.

I want to make something to speed up setup, mostly, but I'm new to foam core work so researching as much as I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not an insert per se, more of a storage solution. It does make setup quicker though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2018!
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:

I don't suppose you have photos you would be willing to share? Or some kick-butt plans?

I checked here but didn't see yours:
https://rpggeek.com/geeklist/115468/item/3341648#item3341648

Here's a look at the one I made. I'm no expert (at all), and this is actually the first foam core insert I made. Fortunately, it's very functional, even if it's not the most beautifully made.

2 slots for the main tiles.

Cards/companions, go on top of the thinner stack of tiles. Other minor chits (wainwright pieces, etc.) go there in small bags as well.

3 sections for smaller tiles:
1. Mosque Tiles & Large / Small Market
2. Kiosk & Some Letter Tiles
3. Letter Tiles & Camel (Caravansary Mini-Expansion)

8 Condiment Containers:
1. Red/Green Player Pieces
2. Yellow/Blue Player Pieces
3. White Player Pieces
4. Encounter Pieces & Post Office (or Pegasus Depot) cubes.
5. Coffee
6. Rubies
7. Lira: 10's and 5's
8. Lira: 1's only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the foam core storage solution I made:

The two trays shown in the box I normally leave there while playing, as they are not required after setup.
- The larger tray has location tiles on one side, and the player wheelbarrows and information cards on the other side. The remaining space above the wheelbarrows stores the tray containing all the wooden pieces.
- The smaller tray has wheelbarrow expansions, market demand tiles, and mosque bonus tiles.

The trays out of the box are those I have out during play. From the right:
- Wooden player pieces (and post office cubes)
- Coffee, money, rubies
- Tavern tiles and cards. I normally use the tray for discards and have the draw piles on the board.
- Letter tiles, encounter markers/dice, and Kiosk tiles. The ends of this tray are open for easy access to the tiles. It works fine as long as you're cautious when lifting it.

All the trays stack in the box to be flush, with room on top for instructions, printed guides, etc. This all makes setup and packup much quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone needs to mass produce and sell these awesome custom inserts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
I actually just finished my foamcore insert. I'll be taking photos today and post them tomorrow. Everything barely fits in the base box. There for sure isn't any room if another expansion though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.