Moral Conflict 1941» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can't even work out the first turn production rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Housden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Has anyone tried this game out?

I tried to play the first turn but the production table got me stumped. The rule book is one of the worst ever written, so I have no confidence that it is not just wrong and my understanding/calculations are correct.

When playing this game do people just ignore the start values production table in the rules?

Eg:
Just looking at the beginner game:
Per the rules Nationalist China = 2IP (shouldn't it be 3? 2 for Kwangtung & 1 for Hunan)
Per the rules Empires = 10PP in the Pacific (I get 8: 1 in New Z. 1 E. Aus. & then 1,1,2,2 in the 80% column for Java, Indochina, C, India, S. India)

etc. for Russia, Germany and even worse discrepancies for the Advanced rules.

I am going mad - is it just the rule book that is riddled with errors or do I need a better understanding of the rules?

Any help is most appreciated. I'll continue to muddle through as best I can but it is not a good start to a very expensive game.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this will help but P. 25:

Quote:
All values have been rounded up or down and some have been specially modified to more accurately represent the historical situation. The players only need to use the values as listed.

Everything in the starting table has already been corrected for the 80% and 60% reductions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Housden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Walt. Yes I was trying to rework everything from first principles.

Even though the rulebook does not read well (to my liking anyway) Dave does have a very readable style and is very responsive. This came over night:

"Sorry to say that may be right - we made last minute changes on the boards trying to balance as realistically as possible. Sometimes we missed things on the rules which do not match. It was very intricate."

Cheers,
Neil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.