Subject: The Kickstarter is live rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/railways-of-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Smith
United Kingdom
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
International shipping is awfully prohibitive for anyone wanting to buy addons, would be nice to see a magnate style pledge that didn't include the base Railways of the World game but included the expansions and Railways of Nippon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Nothing will come of nothing.
badge
Speak again.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping, as per usual for Eagle Games, is absurd.

I was very keen to back this, but I'm not paying $35 and $31 for just a map and some cards. I'll roll the dice on getting a retail version later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nilsson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I would probably pick up a couple of add ons if it wasn't for the $15 US each add on with mailing. I was tempted to get the Magnate edition as I don't own any ROTW, but that's a big investment as I'm not sure if I or my wife will even like the base game. (I'm pretty sure I will, so I'll just go with Nippon for now)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nilsson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lamaros wrote:

I was very keen to back this, but I'm not paying $35 and $31 for just a map and some cards. I'll roll the dice on getting a retail version later.

Yea, I think with the way shipping is working from them even doing a group buy isn't really all that feasible in terms of saving a significant amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looked at the Kickstarter and my hopes were dashed.

Cards look fun, and historically and culturally evocative. However, as someone who **lives and works** in the southern island of Kyushu, I'm disappointed once again that a "Japanese" game avoids the thorny problem of making a map big enough to include Kyushu and Hokkaido and the interesting problem of building train routes across the water between the islands.

No sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is way to mutch, I'll just see and wait for retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
lamaros wrote:

+1

I want to try Railways Through Time with 2 or 3 anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested, it has released at Miniature Market.

The full game is $45.49 with free US shipping at $100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.