Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Griffiths
United Kingdom
Bexleyheath
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering from people who own/have played with all the Queenies, which would you say are required and which are skippable?!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to play with the Curses, Treasures and Pit modules. For plays with advanced players, we have thrown in the Illusions, Adventurers and Quests.

For really new players, putting in the Fountain is a mercy. Most of the rest stay in the box (although new treasures/curses end up with their fellows most times...I tend to remove the pause-the-music one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Quests are really what makes this game shine and drastically expands the variety and replayability.

So get Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Quest (5 quests), Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Quest Chambers (3 more quests), and Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Illusions (1 quest)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best expansion is definitely Quests, but my favorite Queenie that I always include is The Pit. It's easy to explain, it's thematic, and it has the exciting risk/reward built right in.

The Maze is another good one that's fun and easy to integrate. When you find it, it swaps places with the starting tile.

If you've got more experience players and want a Queenie that substantially changes how you play the game, I'd recommend The Maya Calendar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Curses and Treasures for sure.

And I'll throw in my personal favorite, the Snake Pit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the Queenies are 'essential', but Queenie 6 has a couple of interesting rooms, and probably the best curse in the game, Misinformation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the variety of all the Queenie Room expansions. They add some nice variety without doing anything drastic, though you should consider the balance as you add certain types of rooms, like those that easily benefit players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Griffiths
United Kingdom
Bexleyheath
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpappy wrote:
Curses and Treasures for sure.

And I'll throw in my personal favorite, the Snake Pit.

Curses & Treasures is the base game tho, no?

Snake Pit is in Queenie 5 right? Does that come in the Big Box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Rodríguez
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vaderag wrote:

Curses & Treasures is the base game tho, no?

Snake Pit is in Queenie 5 right? Does that come in the Big Box?

That's right, but Queenie #5 (Quest chambers) is not included in the 1st Big Box, it'll be included in the 2nd Big Box Edition.

I've played with all the Queenies except #11 (cursed gems).
I recommend all the Queenies as well, but if I had to choose some of them:

Queenie 5 - Quest chambers
Queenie 6 – The Maze
Queenie 7 - New Characters
Queenie 8 - The Maya Calendar
Queenie 9 – Exchange Chamber and Teleporter Chamber
Queenie 10 – Totem Chamber

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Russell
United States
NEW YORK
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have a first big box (or something before the latest big box) and "Quest Chambers" are included... find all these different versions a bit confusing!

From the back of the box:
0. Basic Game
1. curses
2. treasures
3. Illusion Chambers
4. Special Chambers
5. Quest Chambers
6. Characters
7. Queenie: The Pit
8. Queenie: Doomed
9. Queenie: The Fountain

I'm just getting my feet wet playing this game, but a bit alarmed that we won a 4 player game the second time we played! Next time I'll up the gem requirements and maybe add the pit...

Consensus seems that eventually we should add Curses and Treasures (and perhaps try the quest chambers at some point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.