Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Massive Darkness KS "optional buy" boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bames Jond
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
Sadly, I missed the KS-campaign for this game so I guess I'll have to wait for the retail version.
Just wanted to ask if anyone can tell me whether, for example, the "Troglodytes" box will be available for purchase later on, or are those boxes KS-bound in any way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I'm pretty sure all those add-ons are going to be sold individually later (probably at a cheaper price than what's available via the KS too ). The only things marked exclusive (aside from individual minis in the base pledge) are the Black Plague cross over cards and a set of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
I'm pretty sure all those add-ons are going to be sold individually later (probably at a cheaper price than what's available via the KS too ). The only things marked exclusive (aside from individual minis in the base pledge) are the Black Plague cross over cards and a set of dice.

And a whole bunch of roaming monsters that were stretch goals.
All of the enemy and hero boxes are slated for retail, and based on the success of this campaign there will be lots of them. So, that equates to savings at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
none of the add-on boxes were KS exclusive. The Z:BP crossover was exclusive, marbled dice, and some items from the base pledge but otherwise everything is available (although trickled over time like The Others) at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bames Jond
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
Sounds good! Would have been nice with all of those KS-exclusives, but I think (hope?) that the game will play just as great without them as well. Thank you all for clearing this out for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
MrBamesJond wrote:
Sounds good! Would have been nice with all of those KS-exclusives, but I think (hope?) that the game will play just as great without them as well. Thank you all for clearing this out for me

Based on my experience w/ Z:BP you won't miss much really. Some of the monster might have been nice for some flare/options. All the extra heroes though are not really needed, at least for me it's too the point of being too many in Z:BP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBamesJond wrote:

You really should contact CMON about a late pledge. They will sometimes let people in. They are pretty busy running a new KS plus fulfilling 3 others (Masmorra, Arcadia Quest Inferno, Rum and Bones), so you may need to be patient, but I would pester them until they respond either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bames Jond
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
Jorune wrote:
MrBamesJond wrote:

You really should contact CMON about a late pledge. They will sometimes let people in. They are pretty busy running a new KS plus fulfilling 3 others (Masmorra, Arcadia Quest Inferno, Rum and Bones), so you may need to be patient, but I would pester them until they respond either way.

I've actually contacted them regarding this, but unfortunately they couldn't help me get a late pledge at this stage. There could be some cancellations from other buyers but that is of course nothing they can promise.
Havent decided yet if I should send them an email everyday, just in case someone cancels..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBamesJond wrote:
Jorune wrote:
MrBamesJond wrote:

I've actually contacted them regarding this, but unfortunately they couldn't help me get a late pledge at this stage. There could be some cancellations from other buyers but that is of course nothing they can promise.
Havent decided yet if I should send them an email everyday, just in case someone cancels..

I assume you can find a full pledge on the secondary market for a decent price once it ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.