7 Posts

Deathwatch: Overkill» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe Blouin
Canada
flag msg tools
Anyone with the white dwarf from december would mind posting the rules for the new genestealer cults unit online.

Paying 20$+ just to get 2 new set of rules seems overkill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolmortian wrote:
Anyone with the white dwarf from december would mind posting the rules for the new genestealer cults unit online.

Paying 20$+ just to get 2 new set of rules seems overkill

^^ I see what you did there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of these rules, did GW ever issue an errata? The Stats for the Hybrid with a Heavy Stubber are listed twice, with different stats. ALso there are many copy/paste errors in the cards (i.e. The Hybrid with Flamer card lists the correct stats, but the entry is titled 'Shotgun' - that sort of thing.) this lieads me to believe that one of the Stubber entries is for another weapon ... guess I'll try to figure it out via process of elimination
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They often post these types of things online some time after the issue has printed. Don't know if they've done it yet with this, but I'm interested as well.

For what it's worth, I really liked the weekly $4 format of WD. The page quality was better for taking things out to use in games, and with so many games out there, you could really pick and choose if you wanted to buy the issue or not. $10 is too much for me to pay for a single article or addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aquilaprime wrote:
Speaking of these rules, did GW ever issue an errata? The Stats for the Hybrid with a Heavy Stubber are listed twice, with different stats. ALso there are many copy/paste errors in the cards (i.e. The Hybrid with Flamer card lists the correct stats, but the entry is titled 'Shotgun' - that sort of thing.) this lieads me to believe that one of the Stubber entries is for another weapon ... guess I'll try to figure it out via process of elimination

Out of interest, where did you see those errors? The White Dwarf article didn't have any stats on cards, but instead had a list of stats on a single sheet (just like the Cult's stats on the back of the Deathwatch Overkill rulebook). And the Heavy Stubber/Flamer/Shotgun entries aren't repeated anywhere in the article.

There are definitely errors in the White Dwarf article, though.

The Hybrid with Lash Whip and Bonesword must have a typo, because its stats are identical to the Hybrid with Autopistol and Bonesword, except that it lacks the latter's Combat Range attack. Making it a completely pointless choice.

(Since you choose what models to use, why would you ever pick the Lash Whip kid over their pistol-toting counterpart? And I don't think GW would have wanted a living weapon symbiote to be no more dangerous than pistol-whipping somebody.)

So I'd change its stats to this:

Quote:

Hybrid with Lash Whip and Bonesword

Speed: 2

Armour: 6+

Assault: 444

Combat: -

Maximum: -

Special: -

The list of what hybrids you can swap-out is also a mess, when it comes to the hybrids with Cult Icons.

(One - and only one - Hybrid with Autopistol per Broodmind card can be replaced with an unspecified "Hybrid with Cult Icon" (but which type? Acolyte? Neophyte? Either?), but on the flip-side, any number of Grenade Launcher/Mining Laser hybrids can be swapped out for hybrids with Cult Icons, so long as they're armed with a shotgun (instead of an autogun) or a knife (instead of an autopistol). This part of the article doesn't really make much sense, and reads like it was published whilst in the middle of a couple of drafts.)

So, I'd also change the 'swap-out tables' slightly, to tidy up the Cult Icon hybrids:

Quote:

One Hybrid with Autogun per Broodmind Card can be replaced with a:

- Neophyte Hybrid with Cult Icon.

One Hybrid with Autopistol per Broodmind Card can be replaced with one of the following models:

- Acolyte Hybrid with Cult Icon
- Hybrid with Autopistol and Bonesword
- Hybrid with Demolition Charge
- Hybrid with Hand Flamer
- Hybrid with Lash Whip and Bonesword.

Any Hybrid with Autogun can be replaced with a:

- Hybrid with Shotgun.

Any Hybrid with Grenade Launcher can be replaced with one of the following models:

- Hybrid with Flamer
- Hybrid with Heavy Stubber
- Hybrid with Seismic Cannon
- Hybrid with Webber.

Any Hybrid with Mining Laser can be replaced with one of the following models:

- Hybrid with Heavy Rock Cutter
- Hybrid with Heavy Rock Drill
- Hybrid with Heavy Rock Saw.

When placing a Neophyte Hybrid with Cult Icon or an Acolyte Hybrid with Cult Icon, simply choose which of their two weapon load-outs they're armed with when you place them on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Graves
msg tools
I have written a deep review covering all three of the expansions for Deathwatch Overkill if anyone's interested - https://en-tharses-project.blogspot.ru/2017/04/deathwatch-ov...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolz wrote:
I have written a deep review covering all three of the expansions for Deathwatch Overkill if anyone's interested - https://en-tharses-project.blogspot.ru/2017/04/deathwatch-ov...

Nice overview, Randal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.