GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,609 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Dawn: Rise of the Occulites» Forums » General

Subject: Is Luftle miniature identification mandatory ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I just bought this game and noticed I had one more grunt than I should, instead of a guard. So, as I haven't played this yet, I'd like to know whether it really does matter if I use them as is. I wouldn't like to realize during a game that it causes any identification problem but I don't want to bother the game's publisher for something that's not worth it either.
Thanks in advance for your replies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day JC,

Thanks for picking up the game! I hope you have an excellent time with it. Sorry to hear about the mispack. While I think you are totally within your rights to request the correct figure (just contact Eagle/Gryphon Games), if you choose not to, you do have options.

The issue will only really be an issue if you play a campaign and choose to invest in recruiting lots of Luftles as Guards have different stats to grunts. Stand alone games shouldn't be an issue unless all players buy in big for Luftles.

You can place a wild Luftle Guard token under the extra figure to indicate it is a guard. Or you could place a small dot on its base, or paint it up differently.

So it isn't the end of the world. You can request a replacement figure, or use one of the other options. It shouldn't hamper your enjoyment of the game.

Any other questions,feel free to ask.
Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ben,

thank you so much for the lightning fast reply thumbsup
I'm relieved to know that this small packing mistake will have no significant consequence on my games to come. I'll just do with it
And I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy it a lot.
Kind regards,

JC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.