Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought King of Tokyo with the Power Up expansion and we like it a lot. It's a bit strange though as the evolution card titles do not seem to match the monsters.

I have the following evolution cards:
The King
Alienoid
Meka Dragon
Pandakaï
Gigazaur
Cyber Bunny
Kraken

But I have the following monsters:
The King
Alienoid
Meka Dragon
Pandakaï
Gigazaur
Cyber Kitty
Space Penguin

It seems the Cyber Bunny and Cyber Kitty are the same and I should use the Kraken cards of the Space Penguin. Do I assume correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Sada
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo León
flag msg tools
Hey! Had to hover didnt you?
badge
mbmbmbmb
You bought the King of Tokyo: Power Up! First Edition that is OOP which includes the first edition King of Tokyo characters.

On the 2016 King of Tokyo they removed Cyber Bunny / Kraken and replaced them with Cyber Kitty / Space Pinguin.

You need the Power Up Second Edition: Power Up! Second Edition

It hasn't come out yet.

For Kraken you also need the new mini expansion King of Tokyo: Monster Pack - Cthulhu : Second Edition "Kraken"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MADG0BLIN wrote:
I just bought King of Tokyo with the Power Up expansion and we like it a lot. It's a bit strange though as the evolution card titles do not seem to match the monsters.

Welcome to the BBG forum, this is all anyone has been complaining about for months now.
They had to discontinue Cyber Bunny due to legal reasons.
They optionally discontinued Kraken.
There is nothing preventing you from using Evolution stacks with mismatched names. If you are OK with using the 'wrong' cards then you do not"need" to buy Power Up 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan G
Netherlands
Emmeloord
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the info. I thought it was something like that.
I'll probably keep them both and play with the different names. I don't even think it's available in Dutch yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a unique one though, because I have the 1st edition base game with Kraken + Bunny and I can't find 1st edition Power-Up!.

You have 2nd edition, but you found the oop 1st edition Power-up!

Luckily the new 2nd edition Power-up will have cards for the Kracken and Bunny as well as the Penguin and Kitty so everyone should be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.