GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
17 Days Left
White Bear Lake
Strange Tales adds Fantasy Noir into your game . . . featuring artwork from Weird Tales Magazine. It also adds 2 new mechanics, one of which is the Suspect Secrets cards. These cards can really change the coarse of the game.
Ace Detective: Strange Tales will only see a future printing if the game sells well. So this might be your only chance to get it. At any rate, this expansion will not be sold until well into 2013. So get this expansion on Kickstarter way ahead of our planned release.
- Each player starts with a hand of 4 Story Cards, 1 Clue Card and 1 Narrative Card. Players each have 5 Rating Cards. Also you have 12 Suspect tokens, face down. Player draws 3 at random, looking at them and placing 1 on a suspect of choice.
- A crime card is selected and details read aloud. An investigator is selected. All players together tell the story of a single investigator investigating a single crime with multiple suspects.
- Game is ready to play! On your turn you can play up to 2 Story/Clue Cards and 1 Narrative Card.
- Tell your story. On your turn you expand upon the story from the previous storytellers - instructions for telling stories are simple. You simple state aloud a a few sentences and play your cards on the table. The large symbol on the cards must match one of the 3 smaller symbols of the previous card. Players then rate your story accordingly. You also rate yourself (however you own rating does not affect total Plot Tokens awarded). Players who match the storyteller's personal rating gain 1 Plot Point Bonus. The storyteller also gain a bonus if player's match his/her own rating. BUT NEVER FEAR. IF YOU ARE NOT A GREAT STORY TELLER, Ace Detective is not unforgiving. With a little luck and strategy you can still win.
- Spend your Plot Tokens. You may spend them to do a variety of things - draw Story Cards, Clue Cards, or Narrative Cards. You may also spend them to reroll a die. You may spend them to place one of your Clue Tokens on a suspect as well as peak at other Clue Tokens.
- Game ends once a number of Clue Tokens are placed. The Suspect with the most physical Clue Tokens is the guilty suspect. The player with the most in points located on the opposite side of the Clue Tokens (Clue Tokens range from -2 to +2) is the winner.
- Game time ranges from 60-90 minutes. A 2 Player game may last 45 minutes although the game plays best with 3+. Will will provide suggestions to shorten or even lengthen the game."