GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Rick Senki
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Perhaps the most useful Marketplace search feature is 'Find My Wants', which filters the multitude of listings to games of interest. Options like filtering by Country and sorting by Recently Added are very helpful.

However, it would be even better if I could choose persistent default settings for how Find My Wants works (e.g. I will always want to filter by my Country as a default.) Setting the 3 available options to how I want to see things is about an 8-second (and several pull-down menus) impediment, every visit.

This is particularly troublesome if I leave a page to look more closely at a particular item, then try to use my browser's 'back' button to return to my (filtered, sorted) list. The current behavior requires me to go through that 8-second pull-down routine again (and start again on page 1) again and again.

Ideally, it would be possible to

1) Define defaults for how I like to filter / sort the Find My Wants listings, and
2) Retain my place in the Find My Wants listing if I leave, then return to a Marketplace list page.

As it is, I've created a browser bookmark for the filter choices I prefer. That gets me closer, but native support from the Marketplace functionality would be preferred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airydisk wrote:

As it is, I've created a browser bookmark for the filter choices I prefer. That gets me closer, but native support from the Marketplace functionality would be preferred.

You could also use your QuickBar for this; it will probably save you some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.