Subject: Post-nuclear war solo variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bodhi Gray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Hi all

I've been enjoying Energy Empire a lot, so thanks for all the hard work in creating it. After scoring high in the solo game I came up with this variant of trying to rebuild after a (perhaps minor) nuclear war. It's certainly more challenging.

The set up is identical to the normal solo variant except for the following:

1. Remove the nuclear capability achievement from the game (as well as the other two)

2. Place two nuclear pollution and one normal pollution on each row of the environment board at the start (arranged as you wish)

3. The victory conditions are to finish the game with no nuclear pollution (although normal pollution is acceptable) and to score more than 100 points (and as higher score as possible ... 130 for the Nobel Prize!).

I play tested this once and it worked well, I thought.

Here's my starting position:

And here's the finish position:

Final score was 124, which I was pleased with. Breakdown:
Game VP: 29
Structures: 28
Dice: 4
UN: 17
Achievements: 25
Environment: 21

I was lucky with the structures, which had some great environmental cleaning possibilities, and the achievements came out perfect. But the global impact cards were pretty rubbish.

Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.