Subject: Break the bank rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L & K Punzet
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
Why didn't they go with a "break the bank" end game common in 18xx? Has anyone tried this as a variant?

After two plays, I'll sell the game with the current end condition but I have thought about setting a bank (depending on the number of players) and when that runs out the game ends. But I don't know what those numbers should be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
punz wrote:
Why didn't they go with a "break the bank" end game common in 18xx?

Because we weren't looking to design an 18xx game. In particular, when the endgame is triggered, due to the different rates companies operate, the game can go on for a variable number of additional rounds. We felt having an end-game trigger was a cleaner solution to this problem.

That said, I would encourage anyone to play the game the way they enjoy it. We never playtested a fixed bank, but my suspicion is that $75 * the number of players ($150 with 2 players, $225 with 3, $300 with 4) should be about right, unless you'd prefer to extend or shorten the endgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L & K Punzet
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
Thank you, Joe. That's lower than I would've tried. I'll let you know how it goes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sachnik
United States
The Colony
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.