Hide
3 Posts

Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » Rules

Subject: Army Builder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Gomez
msg tools
I'm new to the game and have purchased all of the expansions, but other than a demo at a local convention, I haven't played the game. I'm a huge Alien & Predator fan, so I bought it on brand alone.

Since I have the expansions, I would like to include them in the campaign. I read through the Advanced rules of building an army based on points, but I was a little confused with sergeants, etc. My army building experience only goes as far as Imperial Assault and Armada which is very easy to do.

So, can anyone explain it a little better? Or is there a spreadsheet I can use? Or, did someone create a custom campaign that introduces the different figures as the game progresses (such as Imperial Assault)?

I also saw the new War rules were released, but I think that will be too complicated for me to handle. Measuring tapes, etc. aren't my cup of tea.

Any other suggestions for getting the expansions into the campaign/scenarios?

Thanks ahead of time for your input...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
I don't believe anyone has created full on lists yet as it's pretty well accepted that the force building is a bit of a mess.

However I will do my best to help you out as you introduce yourself to the game.

First off, make sure that you are using V2.0 of the rules and not the V1.2 that generally comes with the game (V2.0 can be found online)

After reading V 2.0, I would definitely recommend SLOWLY introducing yourself into expanded play and there are 2 ways you can do this.

1. To introduce yourself to the game mechanics you can use purely the force recommendations that are stated in the 2.0 rules or...

2. You can use the more fun force that my buddies and I came up with, where you have; Marines (5 marines, 1 power loader), Aliens (3 Alien Warriors, 5 stalkers, and 7 Alien infants), and all three Predators included in the core set (no vocal mimicry tokens)

After that it will be purely up to you of how to balance the various forces through a heck of a lot of play-testing, by adding and replacing various models.

As for custom games, I am currently working on a game that will implement all the expansions that have been released to retail so far, I still have to playtest with my friends to make sure it works and I don't really know when I will be able to do that. But that will hopefully be soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gomez
msg tools
Thanks for info. This will really help.

For the first mission or 2, I will for sure use the recommended lists.

I was thinking of a way where you would get a certain amount of points per kill, and in the next campaign mission you can spend those points to add additional characters or replace existing ones. Problem is, how much is a Queen, for example, worth compared to the other figures? I guess I'll just have to play to figure it out.

I've never tried to customize a game, and this may be a good opportunity to do so. So far, I really like it so I definitely want to play it more.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your custom game. I'd be happy to try it out, even if in beta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.