GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,456 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing Stay Low card on an escape mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Starman
United States
Elgin
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my current game, my mission is Hard Slog and the objective card is Breakout, which is an escape mission. This means that I am starting on the objective card and working in reverse order back to the mission card. On the keywords game aid it says under escape mission...."Draw Hostile cards for the Ojective card after the Advance Timer Counter step of the first mission turn."

From my understanding, this would mean that I go through the first turn of my soldiers before I draw hostile cards for the objective card.

Here is my question:
During my player soldiers turn, I spent an action to draw cards and I drew a Stay Low card. Can I play this card on the objective card location during my turn (meaning before the advance timer counter step) and negate having to draw any hostile cards in the objective card location at all?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
p40kitty wrote:
On my current game, my mission is Hard Slog and the objective card is Breakout, which is an escape mission. This means that I am starting on the objective card and working in reverse order back to the mission card. On the keywords game aid it says under escape mission...."Draw Hostile cards for the Ojective card after the Advance Timer Counter step of the first mission turn."

From my understanding, this would mean that I go through the first turn of my soldiers before I draw hostile cards for the objective card.

Here is my question:
During my player soldiers turn, I spent an action to draw cards and I drew a Stay Low card. Can I play this card on the objective card location during my turn (meaning before the advance timer counter step) and negate having to draw any hostile cards in the objective card location at all?

Thanks!

Your Stay Low will set the location (in this case objective) Reinforcement to "None", it will not effect the Hostile draw for the location (Objective).

It is a good idea to Stay Low the Objective of an escape mission where it is always reinforcing.

But you still have to deal with the Hostiles of the Objective.

The location card 8-13 Friendly Forces is a very good way of dealing with Hostiles Behind* the location of the soldier that plays it.
Free to play.
+1 Location card.
Discard all the Hostile
cards Behind your
Location.

*remembering that for an escape mission - behind is between the soldier and the objective card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Starman
United States
Elgin
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David! Your help is invaluable and much appreciated!!

I kind of figured as much on the hostiles in the objective card, but one could always hope....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.