Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have begun work on the designer diary. But, I was thinking - what do YOU want to hear about most? Mechanics? Design process? Specific rules? Why decisions were made? Specific rules? Something else?

I want to make sure that his has meaning to you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I am most interested in learning how the game works, I also like to know how the game developed. Maybe you can include little blurbs about the development of whatever aspect of the game you are talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a Designer Diary is usually a narrative on how certain design elements evolved as the game was developed. It's always interesting to me when a designer reveals what the original mechanics were, and how many of those made it into the final design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I have written designer notes once before and they went over well. I just want to make sure that you all get the items that are of interest.

I think I will publish them in sections with each one being about a particular topic from inspirational (theme, etc.) to mechanical (rules, components, etc.). That way it will not be a slog for people to find notes that are relevant to their interest. And I will be able to put them out at a reasonable clip.

I am on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to hear about the time John taught us the game using the wrong rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I want to hear about the time John taught us the game using the wrong rules

Haha. Not my proudest moment.... That will not be in any designer notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.