Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
using this system what would it take for player progression and enemy progression to have a longer campaign?

The levels of the campaigns are I, I, II, II, and the final III. I would assume then one would follow this pattern and add another III and advance to IV. Bringing with it IV level enemies and locations. So a campaign with 9 quests on this model would look like this:

I, I,
II, II,
III, III,
IV, IV,
V

Would a second tier of player action cards eventually be needed? upgraded beyond their second incarnation? By the level III quest, it is possible for a player to have taken all of the action upgrades. If one provides a third level of actions, elite lets call it, then I suppose one could possibly have all their elite actions just before the final level V quest. The formula for advanced over basic was enhancement to the ability and addition of a dice, universally. At this point we are re-rolling dice. Maybe elite is a greater enhancement to the abilities on the card? For example, maybe the elite step after "flame storm" would allow you to for each target attacked, suffer up to 2 blood to add 2 success? Hail of arrows 3.0 permits the targeting of all enemies engaged with target and have each of them suffer one blood, 2 if exhausted.

locations become slightly "longer" and far more punishing to heroes. I assume this trend would continue. Enemies similarly get a number boost in hitpoints and armor as well as dangerous abilities and ones that possibly aid other enemies. Perhaps one could start adding abilities to enemies that get a little meta and start to disrupt location progress or possibly destroy non legendary gear?

Do you think it is feasible to see longer campaigns in providing third tier action cards and 4th level+ enemies and locations? Should legendary gear additions be made? I imagine by the

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.