Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the unofficial automa variant, I'm not sure that I played it right.

1. When moving the cube on the garden plot based on the size of the tile selected, do I skip over pots and covers or move onto them also?

I handily beat the automa, 66-52, in my first play. I did have a few "empty" tile picks for the automa but not so many that I would think of it as a big factor.
Neither the automa nor I got our last 2 cubes out of the gate. We both completed the track with each color cube.

Anyone have any idea if I did something wrong?

Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
's variant is fun to play and I want to see if it's more competitive upon further plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding some more questions, these unrelated to the automa and about general play.

1. Can you place more than 1 cat at a time?
2. Can you place cat(s) immediately after receiving one from scoring a flower bed and then score the flower bed you just put those cats on? The rules specifically state you can do this in the last round to avoid the -2 penalty. Can you do this in earlier rounds as well?
3. When moving from round 5 to 6, what happens to the tiles on the flower beds with less than 2? I don't think it would ever be possible for them to come back around into play, so I don't think it matters, but just in case should they be added to the end of the tile train?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding some more questions, these unrelated to the automa and about general play.

2. Can you place cat(s) immediately after receiving one from scoring a flower bed and then score the flower bed you just put those cats on? The rules specifically state you can do this in the last round to avoid the -2 penalty. Can you do this in earlier rounds as well?
3. When moving from round 5 to 6, what happens to the tiles on the flower beds with less than 2? I don't think it would ever be possible for them to come back around into play, so I don't think it matters, but just in case should they be added to the end of the tile train?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Dizon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might have better luck regarding the automa questions by posting in the Automa's comments section.

The other questions:
Yes.

Yes. From the uploaded rule book:
Quote:
Whenever you cross the red line with the mice on your scoring tracks while moving an Orange or Blue Cube,
you receive a Cat from the reserve. You may use it immediately on a Flowerbed or place it in front of you for later.

I add them to the end of the train, not that it really matters as you pointed out.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for missing this thread. Happily David answered the question on the variant's file page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.