Claire Postlethwaite
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've only played the prologue so far, and I have a question/clarification about the rules for endeavors: Am I allowed to (say) do an explore endeavor on a site when I have fewer dice to roll than that site's value? Then I will certainly roll fewer successes than I need, can I (a) take damage to make up the difference? and/or (b) use fortune tokens to make up the difference?

I think the answer to (a) is "yes", and (b) is "only to changes failures on dice to successes, but not to make up for ones you didn't even roll", but confirmation of this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dom
msg tools
you are right in both of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Postlethwaite
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An addition: keep in mind that you can only use fortune on "black difficulty" sites, unless you have a power that says otherwise.

Also, regarding (b), fortune can only change blank dice to successes, not all failures. Why the distinction? Well, who knows? Perhaps there are situations where a die result counts as a failure, but isn't blank...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Postlethwaite
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:

Also, regarding (b), fortune can only change blank dice to successes, not all failures. Why the distinction? Well, who knows? Perhaps there are situations where a die result counts as a failure, but isn't blank...?

Right, good point. Will try and remember this!

There are several other rules clarifications I've found since re-reading the rule book after our first game, just have to try and remember them all to pass onto the group next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.