Hide
2 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Budget Painting: Fox Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fox Reinard
msg tools
I finished Skarn. I think in a way Skarn is probably the easiest Lieutenant to paint, albeit far from the fastest. Lots of variation in what you can apply, and no flesh. Anyway, this is what came of my efforts:

The only paint not to come from a dollar store on this model is the gold at the base, lightly on the lowest leg-book and the head. I ordered in a set of metallics from Amazon because I wanted to have shiny paints that my dollar store didn't have available. Clearly they are better quality.

The ravens I mixed a bit of black with the metallic silver from the dollar store, then gave them a further light coat of black to darken them further. I was considering making them just sit at the dark iron sort of look but decided live ravens were far better than iron raven statues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good Fox

I starte painting my minis last week, so far I completed the zombies and spiders from the core game, and the goblin archers need some matt varnish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.