Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Frith
United Kingdom
Tunbridge Wells
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yesterday I traded my copy of Star Wars: Imperial Assault for GMT's Cuba Libre. Retrieving it from the loft, I noticed that it never even made it out of the shrinkwrap.

In fairness, I had managed to play through a campaign of I A last year with a friend's copy, but I wasn't that fussed in seeing it moved on.

How many games of yours never make it out of the wrap before they are sold/traded on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicago Express

Bought it because it was so cheap on Amazon and traded it for Evolution. Thinking back, I should have stopped myself from adding it when I saw that train on the cover. (Not a fan of train/stock-holding games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
None.

Shrinkwrap is removed the second they arrive home, even if I don't intend to play them anytime soon.

Die shrinkwrap, die. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
Australia
flag msg tools
Verb-er of noun-s!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Registrau wrote:
None.

Shrinkwrap is removed the second they arrive home, even if I don't intend to play them anytime soon.

Similarly, I usually at least want to look at the components and read the rules even if it isn't going to get played soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still have a few games in shrink:

Aqua Romana
Planet Steam
P.I.

Only PI is waiting to be played once, the other two are on my sell-pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Targi: Die Erweiterung still in shrink wrap that I got as a gift. It's in German and it's an expansion to a game that I dont own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
I have Targi: Die Erweiterung still in shrink wrap that I got as a gift. It's in German and it's an expansion to a game that I dont own.

Eh...it's a board game....I'm sure you'll figure it out....whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shrink wrap does not last long in my house. I don't think a game has been in my house more than a week with the shrink wrap on.

But I also buy a lot of my games on the secondary market so I might not be the best subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Registrau wrote:

You actually wait that long? When I go to my FLGS, chances are I'll be unwrapping whatever I bought in the car before I drive home. No unpunching bits though, there is indeed a time and place for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:

Nice gift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two games in shrink wrap and that's because they are second copies of a game otherwise, they get unwrapped and punched pretty much the same day I acquire them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Battle Masters

I don't know whether to be proud or this, or embarrassed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Arle just sits and waits... until the kids are old enough to dress themselves and my wife and I have the energy to learn it after they go to bed at night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Battle Masters

I don't know whether to be proud or this, or embarrassed.

Wow! That's amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several hundred?

Pete (hasn't counted)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to take them out of the shrink wrap as soon as I got them but then I realized that leaving them in the shrink was a great way to determine what I had and had not played. Then again maybe not, since I buy most of my games second-hand. Ehh...I'm just leaving them in the shrink if they were purchased new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally never keep games in shrink - at least half the fun in getting a new game is getting everything punched and prepared and reading the rules.

But there were so many sales over the holidays that I haven't been able to keep up... so do have a handful of in-shrink games stored in my closet. A couple might end up being presents later on, but most will just get opened and played with when I get bored.

But trading/selling a game that is still in shrink? Hasn't happened yet, and unless I get a killer deal offered it probably won't in the future. Why buy a game if you don't want to try it out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be fun when the people who keep their games in shrinkwrap for years eventually open a game to play it, only to find there are missing/misprinted components, but because they didn't bother to check on day 1, it's well beyond the replacement period
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Several hundred?

Pete (hasn't counted)

Not that many, but more than I care to admit. I made a concerted after to divest myself of games that were not getting played. At this point I believe I only have one still in shrink and I just got that for Christmas and have some hope to play that one this weekend.

OK, I am a liar, I think I have a couple expansions still in shrink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
All of my games make it out of the shrink wrap even if I only play them during the holidays. I have never sold a board game out of my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
All of my games make it out of the shrink wrap even if I only play them during the holidays. I have never sold a board game out of my collection.

I've been gaming for more than 30 years and have never sold a game either. That's going to change soon as I've found that some of the newer games I bought just aren't as interesting or fun as I had hoped they would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not counting collectables, right now I have not yet broken the wrap on 4 base games and 6 expansions.

The ones I've had the longest in shrink and still intend to play are the Descent expansions (my plays are few and far between on that game)....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember any still-in-shrink things I've sold or traded, though I definitely got rid of some zero-play things.

Right now in shrink are:
Time Stories (waiting to finish up Robinson Crusoe)
Pandemic Legacy (second copy we'll dive into eventually)
City Tycoon (just rebought it and hasn't been played yet)
Guns of Galacia (this was my free game at Geekway last year and, being a wargame, is still in shrink and for sale, bu no one's bitten yet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When games are discounted I'll buy them with the intention of giving them as gifts. In this case they sit in the shrink until I decide who is the most deserving (or who would like it best). Or, if it's just too much to bear, I rip the shrink off and keep it for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eustice

Wichita Falls
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to many.
Antike II
Robinson Crusoe
Food Chain Magnate
Jorvik
Panamax
Arkwright
Mythotopia
Terra Mystica
La Granja
My Village
Trickeron
Mombasa
Five Tribes-The Artisans of Naqala
Eminent Domain-Exotica
Porta Nigra
Shakespeare
Mission Red Planet
Colosseum
Eldritch Horror
Ticket to Ride maps 2,3,4, and Sweden
Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries
Rune Age
Hanabi
Babel
Among the Stars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.