Subject: Defense Grid: The Board Game is officially FUNDED! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
We just completed funding! Took 31 Hours, but we got there!

Thanks to everyone who has backed us and please help to continue to spread the word. We would love to hit some of the stretch goals so we can add in new content and upgrade the quality of some components for everyone.

Speaking of which, we just revealed the new $100,000 Stretch Goal. A Raspberry Miniature used to track Resources. This will replace the simple wood cube we planned to ship if it is unlocked.

Thanks again!

Anthony Hanses & Rico Hall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hellström
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just backed! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
tufduck wrote:
I just backed!

Thanks a ton!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just coming onto the forum to ask how unforgivingly difficult this game actually is (since I, for one, really dislike games that are more like (hard) work), but now you are telling me there will be an electronic component added to replace a good oldfashioned wooden block, resulting in battery dependency?

I guess I had better keep track of all the new information and perhaps back at the very last minute, if/when it has become clear it will be a fully electronics and power independent boardgame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Co1980 wrote:
I was just coming onto the forum to ask how unforgivingly difficult this game actually is (since I, for one, really dislike games that are more like (hard) work), but now you are telling me there will be an electronic component added to replace a good oldfashioned wooden block, resulting in battery dependency?

I guess I had better keep track of all the new information and perhaps back at the very last minute, if/when it has become clear it will be a fully electronics and power independent boardgame

... it is a Raspberry and not a Raspberry Pi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
ghorron wrote:
Co1980 wrote:

... it is a Raspberry and not a Raspberry Pi

Yea, its just a Raspberry shaped Miniatures. Its designed more as a joke component for fans of the original Defense Grid video game

As far as how the difficulty ramps up, we added our medal system in part to handle what you are talking about.

Most teams will be able to play through the game with extremely limited replay if all they care about is playing the Missions and getting Bronze medals. It will be a hard game, but you should be able to get through Mission #6 of 10 that way. Then, worst case, you can use your upgraded AIs and just replay a couple of the early Missions to get enough upgrade points to help you charge through the final Missions.

For those that want a bigger challenge, they can push to get Gold Medals in all Missions and even play with our extra hard options found in the rules.

In other words, the game is adaptable to your game groups preferences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad it got funded. It has passed the first stretch goal, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Yep! Well on our way to the 2nd stretch goal as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, all of this makes me a lot happier

Looks like I'll be chipping in to get everyone their raspberry and other stretch goals then ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Co1980 wrote:
Ah, all of this makes me a lot happier

Looks like I'll be chipping in to get everyone their raspberry and other stretch goals then ^_^

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.