Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first game we came across a card, I don't recall which exactly, but the basic format was: Discard x and y OR each character takes z wounds.

Given that specific phrasing, I'm left wondering whether to take the card exactly literally or to apply the rule of unfulfilled demand to it (and how to).

So, for example, if the card says "Discard 1 food and 1 wood or each character takes two wounds" and the players have food but no wood, which one of these possibilities would be correct?

1: We discard 1 food and each player takes 1 wound for the missing wood.

2: We discard 1 food and one player takes 2 wounds for the missing wood. (Or half the players? We played the game 2 player, but thinking about it more generally now, this one probably can't be correct, because it would never work in multiplayer.)

3. We don't discard the food because we are incapable of discarding both a food and a wood together. All players then take 2 wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that if you have multiple options like this, and one of them is unfillable, you must select the option which you can meet.

I.e. Option 3 is the only legitimate move here.

In the rule book the description of the option "DECIDE" states:

Quote:
Players have the choice between 2 or more alternatives listed on the card. Alternatives that have unfulfillable requirements cannot be chosen

I have inferred this to also include OR statements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.