Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the rules in preparation for my first game, and have perused the threads. I conclude that the only way to move a resource to a den is to upgrade it (unless allowed by a special worker ability).

One cannot "deliver" a resource to a den; deliveries are only made to the market barrow or craft building?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Goods on fields may only be delivered to market barrows or craft building or they remain on the field and block production next time.

EDIT - and as you mentioned in your original post they can be upgraded by paying the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!

This is a brilliant game, one of my favorites. You will probably get to turns 3 or maybe 4 before it really "clicks", but once it does, so great.

Also try not to leave your goods in the field, if you do, the next round the field will not produce if it is already full.

Don't forget to "lock down" 3 of the craft buildings at the start and make sure every craft building has a point marker on it for the player to claim if they are the first to complete that building.

And never overlook the usefulness of the "mercenary" donkey actions for additional deliveries each turn!

~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, Since if you do not deliver it you lose it I sell off anything in the fields I can not deliver or didn't upgrade. Always use from your fields before your dens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
auburn347 wrote:
Correct, Since if you do not deliver it you lose it I sell off anything in the fields I can not deliver or didn't upgrade. Always use from your fields before your dens.

This is wrong. You cannot sell goods from your fields; they must be delivered (or moved to dens with a helper if you have the ability), or they will be lost.

You can only sell goods from your dens, and this only applies to basic goods; upgraded goods cannot be sold either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
Correct!

This is a brilliant game, one of my favorites. You will probably get to turns 3 or maybe 4 before it really "clicks", but once it does, so great.

Also try not to leave your goods in the field, if you do, the next round the field will not produce if it is already full.

Don't forget to "lock down" 3 of the craft buildings at the start and make sure every craft building has a point marker on it for the player to claim if they are the first to complete that building.

And never overlook the usefulness of the "mercenary" donkey actions for additional deliveries each turn!

~Steve

Don't forget that when you finish a craft building, you also score the round number for it (plus any extra possible bonus = first to complete/unlocking new).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Correct. Goods on fields may only be delivered to market barrows or craft building or they remain on the field and block production next time.

I have to state out here, that goods on fields can also be upgraded. Then they are no longer blocking the production. But in fact they are another good then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game today, the wife whooping me 64-62. It was a great game! Thanks for the responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavalry Man wrote:
Played our first game today, the wife whooping me 64-62. It was a great game! Thanks for the responses!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I am frequently checking the forums here about rules questions. And besides that there are many people here by now knowing the game. Which makes it so much easier for me.

Maybe I can take the opportunity to thank those people here. Well, thanks to all you guys out there answering rules questions here! There are some guys out there knowing the game almost as good as I. Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tequila_j wrote:
Don't forget that when you finish a craft building, you also score the round number for it (plus any extra possible bonus = first to complete/unlocking new).

Dang it! I "taught" my two sons this game just yesterday and I completely forgot this rule!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.