Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert R
United States
Smithfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get a copy of this. I looked on the publisher website. It's all out of stock. And I checked the marketplace here and nobody has anything up for sale.

My son is in a dual language immersion program in his elementary school where half of his day is all in Portuguese. He has been in it for 3 years now and is supposed to be able to speak the language fluently by his 6th grade year. He loves board games. I backed the new version of Masmorra on Kickstarter and he likes the game a lot. I'm trying to track down a copy from the original version for his own board game collection.

Any information would be very helpful, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Alberto Souza
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

The game is out of print. The publisher do not says if new copies will be made someday. The general believe in Brazil is that the authors sold the rigths to publish it to CMON, and many people are waiting Galapagos Jogos (company that have rigths of CMON games on Brazil) publish a localized version of the new game.

If you really wants the original Masmorra de DADOS the best way is looking at Ludopedia, a kind of brazilian BGG: http://ludopedia.com.br/jogo/masmorra-de-dados

You will need to find a seller who sends outsides Brazil. Keep in mind that the taxes and freight cost of Brazilian Postal Service is high.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Alberto Souza
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to keep in mind is that Masmorra de Dados has almost none in-game language dependency. If you are looking for it to help your kids to learn Portuguese you may end up disappointed.

And the rulebook of Masmorra de DADOS is so so so bad. Really. This thing is not a good place to have contact with Portuguese. Trust me.

There are many games with a lot of text published in Portuguese, like Mice and Mystics. If you are looking for good Brazilian game with some language dependency I would recommend Encantados and Drillit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.