James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OS X 10.10.5
Chrome 55.*

Uploading a new image to my personal gallery.

I'm using the default uploader, not the legacy. File size is ~23 MB. The upload progress bar gets near the end and just hangs. No error is displayed on the page.

On the JS console I see:
"POST https://boardgamegeek.com/geekimage.php net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"

File too large? Something failing on BGG's end? I have no idea. The page should at least show that there was an error instead of hanging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
you are talking about an image for your personal gallery

you say ~ 23 mb

I suspect this too large

from File Submissions
Quote:
File Size : BGG has problems accepting files over 5-7 Mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My suspicion is that the size itself isn't the problem, but rather the time it takes to upload (which is a function of size). The connection times out and the page hangs.

The bug that I'm reporting is less about the error happening, and more about the lack of any error message being displayed. The JS on the client side is aware of the error, but does nothing with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
My suspicion is that the size itself isn't the problem, but rather the time it takes to upload (which is a function of size). The connection times out and the page hangs.

The bug that I'm reporting is less about the error happening, and more about the lack of any error message being displayed. The JS on the client side is aware of the error, but does nothing with it.

I'm sure you're right. In the past Aldie has stated that he loaded massive files through the BGG interface when he was on-site with the servers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.