GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,896 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Defenders of the Last Stand» Forums » General

Subject: These minis take to paint better than you'd think rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the plastic used hides the details on these minis, but they look pretty good once you paint them and bring the details out. I just finished the first 2 (Bama and Krank). Bama's hammer was broken off in shipping and I can't get a response to my customer service requests at 8th Summit, so I tried to glue it back on but it was so tiny that it came out crooked. I painted blood on one side of the hammer to make it look like Bama bent it smashing some poor bastard Neegan-style. If 8th Summit ever sends a replacement I'll try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Toothpicks are your friends when modeling. Sand them down, glue, and you've got straight weapons. Look at the machete in this picture. It's nice and straight because it's wood instead of floppy plastic which wouldn't straighten after getting the hot/cold water treatment:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.