GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,300 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet» Forums » General

Subject: When Will the Pre order end? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone know?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as you have pre-ordered. We are all just waiting for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably when they have sold 3,000 copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William the Fool
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably when the 3000 available copies have sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3000 and done. So if you want it, do it soon. Otherwise it's 51st State all over again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Otherwise it's 51st State all over again.

Out of curiosity, what happened with 51st State?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Ahonen
Finland
flag msg tools
I just pre-ordered and my order number is 19xx so they have roughly one third of the copies left one week into the pre-order campaign. Other way of tracking is to see when the stretch/gift goals unlock but they don't update that in real time so just be aware of that if there's a sudden rush of orders towards the end and they shut it down before the latest goals are updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carey
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mb
iirc with the 51st state preorder there was a big uptake in preorders after some media coverage (Zee Garcia did a review video). I'm not sure that this is going to happen this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sasinski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess they have some final date. As with every preorder campaign, with the moment when boxes are shipped to retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Angelini
United States
Lake Oswego
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
Otherwise it's 51st State all over again.

Out of curiosity, what happened with 51st State?

They estimated a time when pre-orders would end, and said they would let everyone know with plenty of time. Then Dice Tower did a review of the game, and everyone jumped on it and the initial print run sold out in a couple of days. Ignacy apologized, he had no way of knowing it was going to sell out, but the pre-order was no longer available without notice.

LOTS of salt on the forums, mostly from people who knew about the pre-order for a while but were sitting on it to see if some of the later stuff would unlock (since Portal said they would give plenty of notice of when it would end). 1st half of this sold out in 4 days. I'd grab a copy now. That was just the people who were subscribed and know about it. I'm sure at some point Dice Tower or Rahdo are going to get a copy and then the rest of the world will know about it and the second half will be snapped up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks to all answering the question of 51st state!

Thankfully I'm not worried with FM as I preordered the day after the campaign launched. I was more worried about how most of the OLGS pre-orders are sold out, and knowing that it's taken forever for something like Terraforming Mars to come back in stock I took the plunge on the Portal preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse King
msg tools
I've been thinking about ordering from Coolstuff, but wasn't sure if they would come through, also didn't know if there copies come with the upgrades Ignacy talked about in the video on the portal website. Is it worth the extra $30 to order from the Portal Website. I have been waiting for this game, and don't want to miss it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingslayer240 wrote:
I've been thinking about ordering from Coolstuff, but wasn't sure if they would come through, also didn't know if there copies come with the upgrades Ignacy talked about in the video on the portal website. Is it worth the extra $30 to order from the Portal Website. I have been waiting for this game, and don't want to miss it.

The CSI pre-order is for the standard retail version.

There are two things that we know will be exclusive to the Portal pre-order:
- Washed minis.
- Transparent markers.

Everything else might be available for everyone in the future, at an additional cost in many cases, but there are no guarantees of that.

The only way to be sure you will get every unlocked item listed on the Portal pre-order page is to pre-order through Portal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.